SRAM XX groupset

Red Zone

I recon an electric mtb gruppo from Shimano should be just around the corner. I read some reviews about guys using their Di2 groppos on cylocross bikes, without any problems.

This pic was posted by coloclimber, on the weight weenies forum. Di2 continued working, flawlessly:

20100316_142220_October09_148.jpg

(out of a superbly written Di2 review, which together with more pics can be found here:

Christie2010-03-16 14:25:51

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also keen to switch to a double blade setup and not keen on spending the cash on XX. There just don't seem to be too many other nice double setups around. Hopefully Shimano isn't too far behind SRAM on this one.

Middleburn have (or are about to) launch a version of their RS8 duo crankset but for an external bottom bracket.

Have a look at post #10 on this thread over at MTBR

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=600653

Middleburn have (or are about to) launch a version of their RS8 duo crankset but for an external bottom bracket.Have a look at post #10 on this thread over at MTBR

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=600653

Thanks, Thug. I've seriously considered the Middleburns before (at your recommendation, actually) when I was building up my Morewood. Might be time to reconsider it, but I'm also pretty keen to see what Shimano bring to the game this year.

What SRAM (or anyone else for that matter) really need to bring out is a cheap 10speed 11-36 cassette that can be used for training with the XX gruppo.

I suspect that the XX casette will wear quickly and I am dreading the day when I will need to but a new one!

Actually I would go one step further and suggest that they need to introduce a lower spec 2x10 groupset in its entirety. For example, cheaper cassette, crankset etc, as opposed to only having a top of the range version of the 2x10.

I'd be surprised if they aren't planning on doing so.

Anyone know if you can run the XX cranks up front with 9 speed at the back?

Yes you can. I've read on several forums about guys doing it with no problems. My LBS also says that it won't be a problem.

I'm seriously thinking about doing it myself, I want a double chainring with BB30 bottom bracket, and the XX cranks look like a nice stiff option. I must just check what it will cost to replace the chainrings when they wear out Confused

The URL address speaks for itself' date=' check it out:
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/new-10-speed-sram-x7-unveiled-25411 [/quote']

I was first with this post by a minuteWink

Good to see the cheaper option - specifically for the cassette

Would be suprised if we do not see a flurry of 10 speeds in very short period - the first one to the market will be the winner.

How cheap will the 9-speeds sell for now?