Another cyclist down

flex

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of him' date=' may he heal soon!

I was riding there yesterday and it was quite misty. A vehicle passed me and about 2kms further the same vehicle was on its way back in the wrong direction. Fortunately this happened on a wider section of the road. I indicated to them to stop to give them a piece of mind about them driving in the wrong direction, but they ignored me.. It wasnt an official vehicle though as the one that caused Damian's accident. Lot has been said about the cyclist behaviour in the reserve, but the vehicles are just as guilty and most certainly dont obey the speed limit in the reserve either.

[/quote']

+1.

Agree since I was one of those that advocated we do our bit to keep the place open for us to ride there.

Trubie and several other hubbers have been through the reserve quite often and without incident. The reason we ride there: It's not safe to ride on the roads.Confused  

Sue Prote Hotels group and the driver of the vehicle.

News from the hospital this morning is that Damian is showing further signs of recovery, albeit these are occurring slowly. It is likely that he will be operated on later today to start putting his broken skull back together.

A reminder that his brothers have started a Facebook support group for him where people can be kept up-to-date of his progress.

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the update.  It wont be long before we will be climbing the hills with the Wasowicz Brothers.

Mental note to actually stop cars I see doing this in future and write down their registrations.

All the best for the recovery!

PS:

I think the problem is, especially in scenarios like this, that if you asked the driver he'd say "I didn't mean to" problem is, the driver didn't plan to prevent something like this from happening.

;-)

Damian, praying for your recovery.... Where do I ride now, thinking of selling my bike, if you can't ride at the Reserve where can you ride....nowhere!!!!

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, Damian. Fingers crossed that all goes well... looking forward to seeing you back in action again soon!

That is so sad. Hope he recovers soon. Hope they catch the a hole responsible for the accident. Will keep him in our thoughts. There are 3 Damian Wasowicz on Facebook, how do we know which one is the right one?