Do we just accept and carry on?

Trubie

let me get this right ......... you guys want to use pepper spray in one of the windiest places in southern africa?? You will spray yourself and your mate plus 90% of everyone else except the bad guys.

spoken like a true rookie.

it is abundantly clear that you have never used pepper spray or seen it in action.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to ride with pepper spray when I was going for solo rides and luckily never had to use it. I think I need to dig it up again and put it back on my bike, but as always the best defence is to be alert and be ready for anything, be suspicious of strangers on the bike paths if they dont look like they belong there then they probally dont, I agree with a lot of the posts it is better to fight back if you can, but never at the cost of your own life. Sum the situation up and then decide if its worth it or not.

Guest Big H

These are ideal..... I am still angry i did not buy one when we could, before of restrictive gun laws came into place.

20100503_070327_american_arms.jpg

Specifications:

Caliber: .22 Magnum

Capacity: 5

Material: 17-4 pH stainless steel

Barrel Length: 1 1/8"

Overall Length: 4 3/4"

Overall Height: 2 7/8"

Width: 7/8"

Weight: 5.9 oz. unloaded

Suggested Retail Price: $214.00

if you don't accept it' date=' what are you gonna do?[/quote']

well that is the point.

do we just sit back or can something actually be done?

dont have the answer

Clearly, the SAPS are not doing their job. But then how can we expect them to deal with petty crime when the head honcho of the country should probably be in jail for corruption and who knows how many other things? At the very least, he should have gone to court to prove his innocence instead of fighting so hard to keep his matter out of court. But I digress.

Criminals, just like most other human beings,will take the path of least resistance. It is becoming impossible to break into houses today because of alarsm, armed response, security. Even vehicles are highjacked because of sophisticated security systems. Easiest way to get the cars, is to get the keys. Owner has keys so .....

Cyclists on the other hand, are weight weenies. How many will actually carry a gun around and even if you do, what are the chances that you can use it?

So we make a nice soft target. Angry

Are we going to do anything about it? What can we do? I know what I'd like to do, but that's more likely to get me in jail than a bike jacker.

So until we can get into the thick skulls of the masses, that their guv-munt is not doing their very best for the electorate, and we can get them to vote for an opposition party to keep the gum-munt "honest", I'm afraid we have little choice. Either accept the problem, or get the vigilantes out there to band together and do something about it.

But like that's just my take on this. I say we should kick their asses. Clearly no-one else is going to.Ouch

What can we do? I know what I'd like to do' date=' but that's more likely to get me in jail than a bike jacker.

[/quote']

How are they going to know it was you if he can't tell them Wink?

Guest Big H

As old Bill Jordan said..... a hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a 44 magnum....... a hit with a .22 is better than making the assailant angry with peppaspray!!!!!!!..... way much better!!!!!!!

Guest Big H

Get yourself an old f&%tp MTB and if you get hijackt they sit with the K@k BikeLOL

....... but put some C4 explosive under the seat with a remote/delay fuse. Then blow hiss balls off as he cycles away!!!!!!!

Load a remote detonated pipe bomb in the downtube / saddle tube.

Blow the scumbags legs apart so he can't walk around to get another bike to jack, and he also cannot ever ride one. Thats if the scuzzbal lives.

Problem Sias, is that in order for them not to talk, they haveto be dead.

Are you willing to take someone elses life? I used to think I could, but I sold my gun the day I realised that maybe I would do it too easily.

So now some of you used pepper spray and "disabled" your attacker. Why didn't you call me so I can try out a few interesting ideas on human torture?

Problem Sias' date=' is that in order for them not to talk, they haveto be dead.

Clever boy, you catch on mighty quick!

Are you willing to take someone elses life? 

If I or my loved ones are in danger, yes! Without so much as even a thought.   

[/quote']

As old Bill Jordan said..... a hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a 44 magnum....... a hit with a .22 is better than making the assailant angry with peppaspray!!!!!!!..... way much better!!!!!!!

statistically your chances of immobilizing an attacker with pepperspray are MUCH greater than with gun, nevermind a peashooter (.22).

pepperspray wont make him angry, it will make his lungs burn and wheeze, experience a feeling similar to asphyxiation, make his eyes feel like they are exploding out of their sockets, make his eyes burn like fire everytime he opes them (for up to a week afterwards), it will make him drop to the ground and beg for mercy.

that's when you rob HIM of HIS possessions and clothes and stick his gun up his arse after cutting off his trigger finger and severly breaking all the others.

plus, pepperspray is non-lethal, so your chances of being charged with attempt at murder afterwards are zero (that is if you choose to report the incident)kamikaze2010-05-03 07:44:44

It is when your loved ones are in danger that the decision is hardest...

Do you act and potentially save them or potentially just make it worse for them?

Sometimes U'll act without thinking because your loved one's wellbeing are foremost in your mind .... nevermind your own safety.. I had to that's why I say this !!!

On the other hand often I want to drive over a guy on a very expensive mountain bike knowing he probably stole it or hurt someone for it. It grinds me to see these oke's on bikes they don't deserve ....

I think its time to start ambushing them, beat the S%&*^&t out of him and take the bike ...

They do it without concern for U anyway and at any cost !!!!