Do we just accept and carry on?

Trubie

mountain bike knowing he probably stole it or hurt someone for it. It grinds me to see these oke's on bikes they don't deserve ....

I think its time to start ambushing them' date=' beat the S%&*^&t out of him and take the bike ...

[/quote']

You'll have to get past the liberal hubbers first...LOL

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the pretty good answer to this, pitty its also a great business venture, damn im such a capitalist but i see dollar signs everywhere.

Why was i born with a consciouns oh why! covie2010-05-03 08:41:29

let me get this right ......... you guys want to use pepper spray in one of the windiest places in southern africa?? You will spray yourself and your mate plus 90% of everyone else except the bad guys.

spoken like a true rookie.
it is abundantly clear that you have never used pepper spray or seen it in action.

clearly you need to grasp the hub - you only have 2 stars and I have 4. I object to you calling me a rookie !

Ive been in 2 armed robberies (so far....) and the thing is one is not prepared for it, staying calm is best, rage mode aint a good idea.   

In the 2nd incident another couple in the complex were also involved, they are active outdoors people -ride mtb, enduros, do AR's etc and both were armed as they always are.

Thing is in that situation when they came into the flat the lady could not just open fire as she did not now what happened to her husband that just went out.  They took her firearm which she managed to conceal a while. 

Atleast one of the p%^*# is now behind bars for atleas 15 years and he shot himself after the gun went off when he scaled the wall. 

The REAL tragedy here is the failure of the police to protect us, the tax-paying citizens of this country. I reckon we should all just withold our taxes. Pay them into the trust account of an attorney. THAT will get the idiots running the country to realise that they can't manage the place without us.

What to do?

Swoping your roadbike for a mtb - cause motorists don't "see" you. Going to a "safe" place like NF - just to get mugged...

Looks like the saying "Safety in numbers" is still our last chance, to get back home in one piece. I think.

Zoo, that is indeed the sad part. One is not safe anywhere. I suppose we only have one option for now and that is to never ride alone, and always be vigilant. Won't help for the cars, but could just save someone from being bike jacked...

Sad situation nonetheless!

After reading the full thread, yes larger groups is the solution, also remember earlier recognition of the problem could prevent further concequences. 

I am so moving down to the cape next year.

Cowteng is for the cows and the criminals. There is nothing to keep me here anymore!!!

Last year November I was doing a TT in the south towards the steps, beautiful day, enjoying the ride and some bastard came out of the bushes hit me over the head with a beer bottle and stabbed me in my shoulder while placing is front foot and my wheel and sending me hurtling over the handle bars at close to 37km/h these idiots are bloody stupid never expected that, I lay on the ground in a lot of pain and when I glanced up I saw this young bastard reaching over to pick up my bike and run away with it. I never expected it, or really knew what to do, but the adrenalin sent a rage through my entire body, and I ran after him, eventually hitting and kicking him until it was going nowhere, i threatened him with a gun i never had an he ran, i could not run after him. What the hell was the guy thinking anyway, running away with a TT on his back how far would he have got. I am lucky to be alive, it could have been worse, bottom line, i ride with a group, and carry a taser the will send anyone of these bastards 150kV and remove his teeth in the process. I am sure there is a syndicate out there, these guys know what bikes to look for, and they do get rid of them. The police are a total waste of time here. Maybe we should do a ride against bike crime, all 150000 cyclists across the country and raid the union buildings in Pretoria ;-)

Wolffm, you're totally right! This is a syndicate that is carefully managed by someone in the bike business. These thugs know what bikes to take. They must have an offset point somewhere cause they are sure as hell not selling the bikes, neither are they riding them to work at the mine - or wherever these oxygen thieves work.

OK I lie, they just lie around doing jack and stealing our bikes!!

Cowteng is for the cows and the criminals. There is nothing to keep me here anymore!!!

Don't me mistaken, CT is not free of these things. I moved down here

recently (not for crime related reasons :-), and have already seen more

incidents very close to home (admittedly not bike related) in 3 months,

than I have had in Pretoria in a much longer time. Also admittedly

though, it does seem to be less violent here than there, which counts

for something. I don't want to generalize my crime experience though - I am sure others may have very different experiences. Just wanted to note that it's still very much SA as far as crime go.

Guys and girls just an update for those of you that stay in and around the Centurion Area:

Groenies is reckoned as probably the safest place at the moment to ride. in Fountains, they had an incident 3 years ago, and in tyhe meanwhile have fenced the area and appointed security. At the Voortrekker Monument they recently started and they are security conscious as well.

So at least it's good to know that you are relatively safe when riding there, but it;s still good to be alert and on the lookout

I hope you have done your homework as crime is just as bad in the Cape.

I heard gunmen took 8 bikes this morning in Summit rd, Midrand (I presume). Cannot confirm this yet, but I'm sure its true. Anyone know of this?

Bloody hell, the market for stolen bikes seems to be getting bigger & bigger .... 

how do you get away with 8 bikes? must have been at least 4 okes? and if you have a bike in both hands, where do you hold the gun?