Do we just accept and carry on?

Trubie

As usual the victims will be called upon do their part. Ride in bigger groups, don't ride here or there, create policing groups and on and on and on. It's the same with crime in our suburbs. I put up a high spiked fence, I install an expensive alarm, I pay radio control room, I pay armed response, I stand guard over the cars parked at my house during my wifes classes, I watch my neighbors house but when somebody in my street gets killed we're told that the community should get involved to solve crime. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY #$@# TAX MONEY! Should the government not be doing something or am I mistaken?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual the victims will be called upon do their part. Ride in bigger groups' date=' don't ride here or there, create policing groups and on and on and on. It's the same with crime in our suburbs. I put up a high spiked fence, I install an expensive alarm, I pay radio control room, I pay armed response, I stand guard over the cars parked at my house during my wifes classes, I watch my neighbors house but when somebody in my street gets killed we're told that the community should get involved to solve crime. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY #$@# TAX MONEY! Should the government not be doing something or am I mistaken? [/quote']

They give themselves a decent increase with our tax money.

As usual the victims will be called upon do their part. Ride in bigger groups' date=' don't ride here or there, create policing groups and on and on and on. It's the same with crime in our suburbs. I put up a high spiked fence, I install an expensive alarm, I pay radio control room, I pay armed response, I stand guard over the cars parked at my house during my wifes classes, I watch my neighbors house but when somebody in my street gets killed we're told that the community should get involved to solve crime. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY #$@# TAX MONEY! Should the government not be doing something or am I mistaken? [/quote']

yup you are mistaken there - sorry to say this but when you see the home exec driving either an X5 or a porche cayenne then you know its your tax money hard at work

BTW you funded bra julius' range rover too you know

But then again, they can do whatever they want, they wont seperate the mountain bike from it's rider....NEVER.

As BumpNgrind said "Im my own power, there is nothing i can do but when there is power in numbers like they like doing then something can be done"

LOL

to get back to the point

at the end of the day, its only a bike...even thought its our pride and joy. we always say what we will do when some one tries to take it but when it comes to that point it wont realy matter, be brave and see ur ass, or let them take the bike and see ur loved ones back at home, besides, what are the insurance companies for anyway???

Jammer' date=' maar daar is nie veel wat jy kan doen nie, die land se regs sisteem is net eenvoudig nie goed genoeg om hulle af te skrik nie. [/quote']

and if they go to jail, they'll get a TV, a lazyboy, free meals on the law abiding tax money...

"Enjoy the new South Africa even more, become a criminal"AngryAngryAngry

Hi all,

I feel for you gents that seemily just have to put up with all this $#!+ in the city. Us "plaasies" appear to have things a lot easier in the smaller towns.

Regards

Sarge

Everyone says we should do something, so lets get talking about ways to actually do something to make the routes safer instead of always venting (with good reason) our frustration.

If we just carry on posting comments and expect something to be done by someone else, we are never going to sort the problem out...

For example:

A couple months ago I saw police cyclists on the spruit on two consecutive weekends, since then I have not seen them again. (I would be happy to ride with them for a couple hours on a weekend to increase their numbers)

What if pepperspray makes them just more de blixem in?????????

In most cases it does.

Just remember most of these bike snatchers have smoked dagga before they do this and peperspray has little effect on them may even provoke them to do more harm to you than they wanted to.

/

You have no gauruntee they are just going to take your bike and let you go, Im with CPTMayhem, spray them shock them ffs I am tired of working my ass off to afford a decent life while the goverment thinks affirmative shopping should just be a way of life in SA.

The last guy that pulled a knife on me is still trying to get full use of his knife hand and right arm. Its time we take control of our own lives.

/

You have no gauruntee they are just going to take your bike and let you go, Im with CPTMayhem, spray them shock them ffs I am tired of working my ass off to afford a decent life while the goverment thinks affirmative shopping should just be a way of life in SA.

The last guy that pulled a knife on me is still trying to get full use of his knife hand and right arm. Its time we take control of our own lives.

Lol no matter how much dagga you smoke, how much glue you sniff and and how much alcohol you drink, do yourself a favour and go to your local security shop take some spray and give yourself a quautersecond spray just in front of your face. And you will realize how effective that stuff is. you can't see or breath. And two hours later your lips still burn.

Die enigste oplossing is om aan te dring om die doodstaf terug te bring! As die kriminele egter die dood in die gesig staar, sal meer en meer sekuriteitsmaatskappye se werk verminder, wat die werkloosheid in ons land verhoog. Die regering in hul bullet proof karre verkies moord en dood bo werkloosheid!Angry

Interesting if not comical scenario, rider gets stopped by a armed thug  with gun leveled at him, rider says hang on a minute, reaches into his back pocket and pulls out pepper spray then attempts to spay thug. Any guesses as to outcome ??

Shoot the F**&^%ers, at least this way we got rid of the scum for now on Ondekkers road. bet someone will replace them now that winter is on it's way and more riders go out on their ownin the morning, Saturday morning at 04H30 lone rider going down Ondekkers and two more on their way on HP around 05h10.

Interesting if not comical scenario' date=' rider gets stopped by a armed thug  with gun leveled at him, rider says hang on a minute, reaches into his back pocket and pulls out pepper spray then attempts to spay thug. Any guesses as to outcome ??

[/quote']

Rather stupid keeping it in your pocket.

Anyway, what's the alternative? Better armed with pepperspray than nothing and of course your life is worth more than a bike, but the point is I don't want to live in fear. Been there, done that, made me sick.