Robbie Hunter wins stage 11!!!!!!!

Mudsimus

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Robbie! I heard he got a R1 000 000.00 incentive from Barloworld for winning the stage!!

What a day for cycling in SA!!!

I have been following cycling since I was 8 years old ( a long,long time ago).

Yesterday was the day SA cycling was introduced on to the world stage.

Check the difference this is going to make in normal people's attitude towards cycling in SA.

Well done Robbie.

What a day for cycling in SA!!!

I have been following cycling since I was 8 years old ( a long' date='long time ago).

Yesterday was the day SA cycling was introduced on to the world stage.

Check the difference this is going to make in normal people's attitude towards cycling in SA.

Well done Robbie.
[/quote']

Don't 4get Kevin & Brandon's stage win at the Transalp yesterday...ClapClap

Robotech2007-07-20 04:48:32

After having spent the past 15 years as a cycling journalist (the first seven of those in newspapers), I'd say that Hunter's success has been given very good exposure by the general media. Radio stations led their news with it last night and this morning (some preferring it over the British Open as the lead story). Remember that websites have to update their content continuously, but newspapers have one, sometimes two, bites in 24 hours.

I'm very impressed with The Times' coverage of the Tour de France. It's a free daily newspaper produced by The Sunday Times crowd. Virtually a page a day on Le Tour. Today's back page is a pic and story of Hunter's win - that's it! No rugby, or cricket or soccer or golf! Just cycling! Never thought I see the day...

ya, can't say all weren't covering it, but those who didn't cover this ....Thumbs%20Down

where do one get 'The Times'? Heard of it, but I've never seen it.

it's a free paper that is delivered to subscribers at the moment. if advertising spend comes in, it may go on general sale. as an aside, the chief photog, thys dullaart, is a mate of mine. i sold him his first mtb about 10 months back, now he's 10 times faster than me (who isn't?LOL). he came first over the 35km walkerville route

I get The Times because I subscribe to The Sunday Times. However, I see you can phone this number 0860 525200 to get added to the delivery list. It's a great little paper. Enough to keep you informed, but not too much to depress you! They also seem to use positive stories very well, which makes a refreshing change!

Man he was soooo awesome!!!Big%20smileClapStarBig%20smileClapStarBig%20smileClapStarBig%20smileClapStarBig%20smileClapStar

I was sitting on the spin bike in front of the TV for the last 60kms of the race. Flip...he was concentrating the whole time staying on Boonens wheel the whole time not giving any chance for error or mistakes!Clap And that sprint was just absolutely magical!Big%20smileStar

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROBBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!ClapClapClapClap

Oh...and i'm also in for the Robbie for avatar thing!Big%20smile

More and more of the female hubbers seem to have had a sex change today

More and more of the female hubbers seem to have had a sex change today

And I somehow gained 15kg's of pure power! And turned into a blonde..