Robbie Hunter wins stage 11!!!!!!!

Mudsimus

Haven't watched it but from what I have read it looks as if RH's win was assisted by a TBW team effort to get rid of the other major sprinters. Obviously there were other motives with Astana being th emain protagonists of the break but I wonder if this was a specific tactic employed by Corti this time and whether he now believes that Hunter can outsprint the (other) big boys.

Let's see what Robbie's diary says.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wel done Robbie you have put S.A. cycling on the map and you have opened the door for all the up and coming S.A. cyclist. Your future looks green, sprinters green.

Astana started in crosswinds, when they saw Moreau was off they drove it very hard with Disco. BW also worked hard when they saw Zabel and Thor off. And then the crash in last corner took Boonen out, Robbie just gives me a heart attack when he start the sprint so soon. Allmost lost out to Cancellara. But brilliant.

Ek hoop daar is nog borge wat wakker skrik en SA SPANNE begin sponser. Dit is tyd dat hulle na ander sport soorte begin kyk en besef rugby en krieket se dae is verby. Daar is nog R.H in SA  dit moet net ontwikkel word!!!! 

Well done Robbie, been holding thumbs the whole tour.

Awesome work.

A Stage win and the Argus in the same year, BRILLIANT.

Brilliant job. I really hope Barloworld dont drop their sponshorship now. There was talk that they may look at other sports like soccer instead of cycling, but the kind of exposure they have gained now is priceless.

The money they have spent over the last five years is paying for itself now, with millions of people around the world knowing that Barloworld actually exists. Spending that money on local SA soccer teams wont get them nearly as much international exposure, if any.

Robbie - Fantastic !!!!!!!! - It's a kind of Magic !!!!!

The first stage win by a South- African in the History of the TDF !!!-  Hisory in the making. Well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the Supercycling interview Robbie said his aim was a stage victory, and if he got closer to green jersey all the better   

2nd win for team barloworld....

Great stuff for the SA team...

Correction great stuff for SA sponsor company and a Great Britian registered team

MWNN phoned me when I was driving home to tell me he won.What a amazing feeling!!Best news in a very long time!!!Clap

Just a pitty I was stuck in traffic!!Angry

Where were you when Robbie won??

Thanks Robbie and Barloworld for making this one amazing tour!!Thumbs%20Up