Robbie Hunter wins stage 11!!!!!!!

Mudsimus

A truly remarkable and historical moment for SA sport. Type in Robbie Hunter or team barloworld and search news on google its headlines everywhere. I was fortunate enough to watch the last 20km's and I didn't sit for the final 3 plus km's. I really thought that he lost it on the bend and then again when he broke to early, but the picture when he crossed the line was nothing compared to what went on in the TV lounge here in Franschhoek. Well done Robbie and also to the Team a great effort. Man dis lekker. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely brilliant. Few have worked harder for their glory than this man. When the dust settles tomorrow consider how he moved to Europe to follow his dream in his early 20s ... he knew the only way to make it a reality is to go where the best race the best. Today he achieved that dream. What a story for him and Team Barloworld.

I'm starting training again tomorrow!!!

O wow, what an incredible moment!!!  I am speechless.  Robbie you blixem.  That was AWESOME!!  Simply brilliant.

Being the family cycling nut I got more phone calls and SMS's than on my birthday!  I got goosebumps and the hair on my neck stood up. WOW.  I'm going to go and calm down now.Big%20smile

ROBBIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Clap

i was watching it at my lbs, and they were all, like, he's gone too early, he always goes too early, oh, wait, he's gonna hang on ? we screamed. i was soooooo chuffed! and i was wearing the new barloworld top i got from my brother who went to barloworld's celebration brekkie after soler's win. maybe i shouldn't take it off!

Yes Robbie!  Wys daai manne hoe dit gedoen moet word

Gaan jy dieselfde doen by die Jock ????????????????????????WinkWinkWinkWink

Anyone realize how much that stage was like a spring race in the R44 area?

I could just imagine myself in Moreau's position, with the main bunch getting smaller and smaller, no matter how hard you try...

WELL DONE ROBBIE and the BAR team!!!!ClapClapClapClap

I got stuck in traffic and heard the news on the radio. Could hardly wait for the highlights at 20:00 ... and again at 22:00!

Thank God, he deserved that. Hell we deserved that, what a great performance. I will never get tired of watching reruns of that. I almost feel sorry for E Z poor lad, Boonen, too bad.

I wonder if RH is going to be leaving TBW anytime soon, I bet the offers are comming in already.

This stage win is so much greater than a normal sprint finish. He hang on the bunch while virtually everyone dropped off. And in the end he were in a better position than Boonen, thus avoiding the crash. One hell of a performance.

And just a small metion in most papers...Pathetic!! This is one of the best sport performances ever by a Saffa.

his performance was awesome and seriously deserving after his great start last week.

just shoes, its the first time he's been at the tour being the actual team captain and being able to race for himself, with help........turns out the barloworld move was a good one.....now lets get them on raleighs for 08.

This stage win is so much greater than a normal sprint finish. He hang on the bunch while virtually everyone dropped off. And in the end he were in a better position than Boonen' date=' thus avoiding the crash. One hell of a performance.

And just a small metion in most papers...Pathetic!! This is one of the best sport performances ever by a Saffa.
[/quote']

at least the beeld gave it a good show on their front page

Thank God' date=' he deserved that. Hell we deserved that, what a great performance. I will never get tired of watching reruns of that. I almost feel sorry for E Z poor lad, Boonen, too bad.

I wonder if RH is going to be leaving TBW anytime soon, I bet the offers are comming in already.
[/quote']

don't know if rh would leave now. apparently barloworld are so chuffed with the media coverage they received in the lead up to - and now at the tdf - that they're gonna be throwing a ton of bucks at the team in the future. word is: a major manufacturer of earthmoving equipment has shown interest in being a co-sponsor. remember, you heard it here first