Bloem hearing (Dope)

bushie

Look I do not know the guy' date=' nor do I want too, but I sorry even for stupidness you deserve 2 years....there must be consistency!!! Only if he proved beyond any reasonable doubt how it came into his system, then maybe 6 months!![/quote']

?

I'm not an xpert but perhaps the?6 month minimum?pivots around the issue that the product does not actualy provide any enhancement like other PED's such as epo ?

?

Question might be asked why is it on the banned list:

1. To protect the health of athletes

2. It enhances performance (Dont think so)

3. It can be used to mask other PED's (Dont think so)

?

?

?

----

OK, I must admit that I am also no expert...but I do not need to be, I am not a pro, not cycle competatively...but he should know better...Ya, and if it does not enhance nor mask, then why is it banned??

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Hendrik let's hear what CSA is going to do about this one. This kind of thing takes me back to the old days of cycling when the coloureds and black riders had to win by 2 lenghts to make sure that they were judged as the winner." Nlolan the none white must take the punishment as it comes while the white guy gets a slap on the wrist. This is pathetic enen for CSA's standards!!Confused

Nolan should not have been left off because he is a :development" rider.He made a mistake and was prepared to take the punishment,so why can't this guy. Did Neotel not invest enough money in the pockest of CSA. Using stuff that is not even available in SA and then get 6 month's.Medical exemption my ass he should have had a TUE for that. They should tell that to the man on the flippin moon!!

What a f**kin joke. Contaminated bottles my ass. Then the sponsor should fire everone around him as they did not look after the rider properly. I my view this is the biggest coverup by CSA and the riders team. Nolan was tested umpteen times since his days as a junior already and never tested positive until he made the biggest mistake of his life trying to satisfy others instead of listening to his own body. What does he have to show for this. 18 months on the sideline. Doping if you are a member of one of the bigger teams you get 6 months. I do not want to be a club rider who used vicks nasal spry to clear his nose. He will probably get the death sentence!!!

Bullsh*t they should have had a representative at the hearing!!!! How do their minds work.

Look I do not know the guy' date=' nor do I want too, but I sorry even for stupidness you deserve 2 years....there must be consistency!!! Only if he proved beyond any reasonable doubt how it came into his system, then maybe 6 months!![/quote']

Indeed, I'm with you on getting 2 years for stupidity!  You don't take someone else's bottle ever.  If it is spiked then you are just screwed.  Sorry, but this one stinks.  The guy should get two years.  Period.  Anything else is a joke.  This is a top pro in SA.  Of all people he should know better!!!!

Guest coenie

Csa is waiting on the transcripts of the hearing.

Tell them to get of the transcripts, why are they sitting on them and waiting? Waiting for what?Smile

OK' date=' I must admit that I am also no expert...but I do not need to be, I am not a pro, not cycle competatively...but he should know better...Ya, and if it does not enhance nor mask, then why is it banned??[/quote']

1. To protect the health of athletes?

He should have received 2 years for plain stupidity. The feeding station was close to a km in length,  and yet he goes past his canary yellow bottles and takes a random one?

Then for him to have tested positive for asthma medicine there  must have been a shedload in the bottle. How did he not taste that after the first sip?

Dassie' date=' that story does not tell me much. I just want to ask, is the b-sample a blood sample ? [/quote']

?

When tested, you have to pee enough for two bottles.? i.e. A and B samples....thus both urine.

?

?

Thanks tjom, that's why I always make sure I give them about a litre of coffee stenched urine smiley36.gif

I was under the impression that in an appeal they then moved on to bloods.

Guys please stop mentioning Nolan as a "Development rider".

He never was and never will be he is where he is because of pure talent and hard work just like most of the elite riders. He admitted to been stupid(doping) and is paying the price therefore.The development Noland has received comes from the pockets of his family and friends back home.Eugene and Barry has a lot to do with Nolan and his status as a cyclists as well, not to mention his relationship with Dean as well.   

Its so easy to buy illegal drugs in SA, its a joke! No wonder all the rugby guys look like monsters!

One can order any drug out there and get delivered within a few days.  This includes EPO and the works....

If the pro peloton is still using drugs (with the latest busts) , why on earth would a big part of SA elite bunch - MTB,track and road not take them ? also in the older cats - where image is everthing and pride to kept by any means necessary....

We have a lighter doping control system due to the cost involved. Easier to use drugs in the "off-season" to build good form and take a break and race in season - riding "clean". Or micodose like the "new" trend in the pro peloton is.

so now for popcorn ....

stir the pan a bit , add fuel to the fire enjoy the fire!

Guest Big H
Its so easy to buy illegal drugs in SA' date=' its a joke! No wonder all the rugby guys look like monsters!

One can order any drug out there and get delivered within a few days.  This includes EPO and the works....

If the pro peloton is still using drugs (with the latest busts) , why on earth would a big part of SA elite bunch - MTB,track and road not take them ? also in the older cats - where image is everthing and pride to kept by any means necessary....

We have a lighter doping control system due to the cost involved. Easier to use drugs in the "off-season" to build good form and take a break and race in season - riding "clean". Or micodose like the "new" trend in the pro peloton is.

so now for popcorn ....

stir the pan a bit , add fuel to the fire enjoy the fire!

[/quote']

Now that you have implicated / insinuated at the existence of the monster rugby players I really hope you have reported your suspicion to the SA Institute for Drug Free Sport. It is now your civil responsibility to do so to back up your claim.

Big H2010-05-07 04:46:37

Eish what a f*** up! The excuse about the bottle is laughable. Are we getting the whole story? I doubt it. However, from what I know about Ian, he has the talent and the pedigree to win races without dope. I believe them when they say he has knowingly done no wrong.

Astana, you make a good point. All the busts in SA have been for "stupid" drugs. There have been no EPO or transfusion busts, probably because of the cost involved or the limitations of the tests themselves, and it would be naive to think a segment of our pro riders aren't doing it...