Bloem hearing (Dope)

bushie

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O bliksem maar julle girls kan darem groot stories maak waar daar niks is nie!  Flippen heck, 'n ou test 'raak' vir 'n redelik useless medikasie waarvoor hy 'n exemption het en julle gaan onmiddelik in 'n frenzied drug heppie spin.  Relax, dis Giro tyd.  Geniet die TV en gaan ry bietjie fiets en kalmeer.  Dis wragtag nie eens 'n exciting storie nie...

CSA had to wait for the hearing and Drug Free Sport before they could react. A statement will go out ASAP. Everything was done according to the book.

http://www.cyclenation.co.za/index.php/forum/10-general-road-cycling/10745-ian-mcleod-banned-for-6-months#10746

Re:Ian Mcleod Banned for 6 months! 52 Minutes ago Karma: 7

South African Professional Cyclist Gets Six Month Suspension for Use of Banned Drug

The South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport confirms the six month doping sanction handed down by the Disciplinary Tribunal of Cycling South Africa to the professional cyclist Ian Mcleod of the MTN Cycling outfit.

matie2010-05-06 11:09:58

How can he get only 6 months? On what basis ? Overseas riders get busted for gay DHEA and they get two years? Where is the consistency?

can someone in the know explain what the drug he took supposedly does?

edit: google is your friend.

Slowbee2010-05-06 14:39:34

And its not exactly as if corporate sponsorships are streaming into road cycling. Sort of makes me feel I did the right thing quiting the pro riding, money was not worth it either.

Full story in tomorrow's edition of the Star.

LOLLOLLOL?no really?LOLLOLLOL?wait, you're being serious? the full story?ShockedShockedShocked
holy roller2010-05-06 21:40:55

why only 6 months and not 2 years?

My thoughts exactly... 

Wowsers, you know nothing?you only get 2 years if you willingly took it. The penalty for ingesting a substance from a dirty bottle at an unaccredited feeding station is 6 months?look it up.Ermm