Hunter is good - Leave Boonen

wheels

Robert you done S A proud. You are thre best. BUT PLEASE you can beat Boonen. Juat ride your own race and get him out of your mind and out of your sight.

You will beat him so easy but your mind is not 100%.

I support you 100% .

Perhaps his mind is not the problem?. Perhaps its the speed at which Boonen hits the finishing line....clocked at 69kph today

Why all the pessimistic views Irish9 ??

I suspect Irish is an undercover L'equipe agent....Wink

Irish is a realist;Boonen is a hard tough Belgian and is faster than Robbie;but that does not mean to say that Robbie cant get the green jersey,this is a cycle tour and anything is possible;all depends on which sprinters will get over the pyrenees mountains--anything can happen;Big Tom can crash again.Hats off to Robbie great stuff;but mannic(typical)S.A. patriotism wont help him;realism and maybe a prayer or two and everybody keep ur fingers crossed.NNF

I personally think that Robbie is the fastest right now but he is probably going to come off second best to Boonen & Zabel 3 times out of 4 simply because he has to do so much work to position himself. Boonen has excellent lead out men that control the timing of his sprint so that all he has to do is kick. Hunter has to jostle all the way and keep an eye out to avoid being boxed. He has to start his sprint before the other sprinters. Yet his consistent placings say it all.

He took a bike length out of Zabel and two out of Boonen and was carrying the most speed over the line.

Robbie was NOT boxed in today, because he went into the wind. Not sure if Boonen and Zabel are faster than him. No Lead out. Against the wind. Not good odds. We will still se. Its still and open race

Interesting views! All I can say is that if it was one on one sprints with no lead outs, it seems that Robbie would take it! He seems to be putting in a much faster turn of speed than the others!

Robbie seems to be a clever sprinter too! A bit of a fox in the box!

Oh and Irish is pessimistic cause the quality of Guinness here is crap

Well i am a big Boonie fan, but i must admit when it comes down to backing him or Hunter i back our own even if the odds are stacked against him.

Let the Hunt begin! Wink

Robbie always seems to be the fastest after they crossed the line. Maybe its just timing or he is coming from to far behind.

Not sure, i know from what i have seen i think he jumps to early, but that i think is nerves.

Might be because everyone else is slowing down as they cross the line. We have yet to see what RH is capable of with a leadout. Imagine the quickstep boys leading RH out, i think he would win alot more.

Robbie was NOT boxed in today' date=' because he went into the wind. Not sure if Boonen and Zabel are faster than him. No Lead out. Against the wind. Not good odds. We will still se. Its still and open race[/quote']Nope he wasn't boxed in but still had to contend with Zabel's buddies sweeping him off Zabels wheel while trying to use Zabel & Boonen as "his lead out". If he had been next to Zabel or Boonen on his own team mates wheel then it could easily have been another 1st.

The only concern that I have is that when he doesn't have the other sprinters in front of him in the last 1km he usually goes too early.

But I think that even with all the praise we are heaping on him most people completely underestimate his current form! If he had Quickstep or Lotto behind him i.e. a "sprinters team" he would be miles ahead in the green. Not knocking Barloworld, they are doing extremely well and are generally considered a bunch of climbers.

Robbie was NOT boxed in today' date=' because he went into the wind. Not sure if Boonen and Zabel are faster than him. No Lead out. Against the wind. Not good odds. We will still se. Its still and open race[/quote']Nope he wasn't boxed in but still had to contend with Zabel's buddies sweeping him off Zabels wheel while trying to use Zabel & Boonen as "his lead out". If he had been next to Zabel or Boonen on his own team mates wheel then it could easily have been another 1st.

The only concern that I have is that when he doesn't have the other sprinters in front of him in the last 1km he usually goes too early.

But I think that even with all the praise we are heaping on him most people completely underestimate his current form! If he had Quickstep or Lotto behind him i.e. a "sprinters team" he would be miles ahead in the green. Not knocking Barloworld, they are doing extremely well and are generally considered a bunch of climbers.

Well said!

Barloworld worked very hard for Robbie the previous day and considering the vast amounts of champagne they must have consumed it was amazing that Robbie managed another 3rd!!!!!Wink

You go boy!!!!!!!

Pokerface, nice to see that new ADSL connection is pumping!Big%20smile

Anybody that thinks Boonen is faster than Robbie at the moment should have his eyes tested!!!

If sprinting was just about being the fastest he could have had at least 3 to 4 stages.Go and watch the replay's.Thumbs%20Up