Online stores killing RSA economy!

FloatingPivot

you know what.....

?

i say enough of this nonsense & ill tell you why

?

if you are one of the dedicated purchasers of the LBS industry just because you feel its your duty?to bring your side to the local industry?then so be it' date=' You are screwing yourself in the naught & as the saying goes. As jy dom is moet jy k@k

?

perhaps those that feel that way earn packets of money every month & the like

?

let me tell you what 90% of others dont, hence the overseas purchasing. You know why ill also continue to support them. They made it their business overseas to compete more whereas in this country we still get the gravytrain drivers. They not passengers but drivers. In other words ill still screw you & why - because they can.

?

im not gonna be screwed over for someone else to have the benefits thats for sure

?

so stick that straw in your hat & deal with it

[/quote']

holy crap. one of the best posts i"ve read in a long while. +1 rep! smiley4.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghostface.

Wow. Were you the company that had this big fight with CWC sometime ago regarding Mavic wheels?

Did you not try to stop them bringing in Mavic wheels which they soldl at stunning prices?

How will we ever forget that. Now you tell us that you , Dragons sports are so good.

I said that time that I will never ever ride a Giant again. I sold my Giant and got myself a Merida. Shame on you.  

It would be nice to hear your reply and hopefully Chris Willemse will read this posting and give his side of the story as well..
wheels2010-05-20 10:18:43

CRC are the wholesaler!

No they are not, they are a highly efficient retailer, competing with a massive handicap, that of product distribution. Yet they are managing to supply individual customers 10 000 km away within less than 10 days at far lower prices than local LBS and they carry much wider product range.

Yes they are big, but their advantage is they are super efficient.  They sort out problems on a no questions basis.  Their customers are always right.

Get your service, price and customer relations up to their standards and you too will prosper.

Well the reality is as I can see that bikes prices are insane from any dealer even CRC.  If  I see what other goods cost. For example a (Vuka scootas from Builders warehouse in Cape town are less than R5000.

How the hell do they make a motorised bike in China, import it and then still retail at less than R5000!!!!!!!!!!.

Dont believe me, go have a look at Builders warehouse in Paarden eiland. After that sobering thought I was wondering how I get suckered in paying R1200 for a set of dikwiel tyres.

There are too many middlemen. The copmonents probably get mass produced in china, shipped to Europe and USA, painted and decalled, shipped to wholesales, who ship it to the LBS who assemble it for. In the end everyone puts their mark up.

Then theres us the  cyclists, that fall for the advertising hype not realising that a Shimano SLX is the same quality as shimano XTR with smoother shifting and  a few grams of weight saving. We all hope the XTR will make us faster because of weight savings but does it realy help? It helps make your bank balance lighter and you get to shave a few sseconds of your 50km time. That means you go from position 421 out of 956 to position 405 out of 905.

We as cyclists are also to blame as we allow ourselves to be suckered by marketing and being prepared to pay.

The local chinese shops sell bikes for R500 wheels and all.

iraqr: you sir, have hammered the nail on the head.

we have esteemed distributions who demand you have a box from which u can work. Bricks and mortar. honestly, i dont get it. oh and u wait 4seemingly ever for stuff from them. Just the other day, it seemed south africa ran out of Maxxis minions DHFs. Distributor had no clue when new stock arriving.?

W.
T.
F?

damit. i promised to sit back and enjoi the show. Now i tossed my 2c into the mix...smiley2.gif

simple dont buy from cyclelab !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lookout for the small one man band type and get top service and top prices ...or even better get hold of a bunch of mates and buy whole sales prices and share the savings ...set somethin up and ill have 40 mates that will buy from you ...

i have a friend that services only but will buy anything you want at whole sale he adds 10/15% for his time and you settle up ..he will give you his cost and invioce !!!!!!!!!!!! hes so busy the ques are days long

dont ever buy from cyclelab !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they lying thieves

they rip of everyone and control the sa market .....cycles africa who bring in everything into sa are part owners of cycle lab ....supercycling ....etc

so like bread in sa its all controlled ...

easy up there coola. I know u got a score to settle, but be careful of what could end up being libel.

But you might have a point wrt distributors taking the cream. difficult to prove until we have a full cost breakdown of a typical bicycle component we consider expensive relative to a CRC import.

I wish someone from the distributors would leak us good info!

all scores equal ..... the fact is we all agree that the shops need to make some money and that they will mark items up to a RRP sugested by the distributor ...but if the distributor and the fasted growing retailer are one in the same ..then what chance do we have ? go out and buy Cubes, Konas, BMC's rocky mountains..... and get a deal !! scotts, giants ,specialzed are being controled and managed in such a way that if you get prices all over sa they end up very very close ....controlled ??

i work in the construction industry ..material supply. and our industry is controlled .....

there have been numerous topics on this. essentially its part of the free market economy (does anyone know what happened with the "investigation" into the cycling industry price fixing meeting?).

The business models in SA dont seem right - sole distributor etc. Business models have changed, some business's seem to be adapting better (CWC doing a good job), others not. Evolution will happen. Where is madmarc - he's good at arguing this stuff Big%20smile

From what I've heard, the local importer of Hope products is in the process of setting up an online website to distribute the whole Hope product range. Prices should be substantially cheaper than lbs retail price and on a par with the landed CRC price.

From what I've heard' date=' the local importer of Hope products is in the process of setting up an online website to distribute the whole Hope product range. Prices should be substantially cheaper than lbs retail price and on a par with the landed CRC price.
[/quote'] 

Now THAT is good news!

Local Hope prices are just silly!

Any idea on when that will be operational?