I hate MTB single track in races!!!

MJ the Expat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you could behave like an animal and bark.... Or you could chill out! Or even consider asking politely to pass. Maybe consider moving out of Gauteng? You seem to have lots of anger issues. I hear Siberia is nice this time of the year.

I am sorry' date=' I do!!! I hate the damn things!!! The other day I was in a store listing to some woman chatting away to some oke about amazing singletrack somewhere...AND SHE WENT ON AND ON AND ON AND ON!!!!

?

What is up with singletrack? It's a piece of koeie paadjie waar?ek 9/10 keer agter 'n dikgat op 'n Spez beland wat 10km/h in sy friggen granny gear ry...So I can't "enjoy" the single track at MY pace and leisure!!!

?

I hate it when organisers brand there races as having 75% singletrack! WTF???? All it does is create congestion!!! That is all it does!!! There are always some 10km fun riders screwing it up!!!!

?

Single track does not belong in a race!!! Single track should be ridden and never raced!!!

?

(Of dalk is ek nie P'doff omdat ek more moet werk...En eintlik mind ek nie die single track nie)
[/quote']

Let refrain! I think single track hates you.. smiley2.gif

I agree, well sort of...

Singletrack does cause congestion, unless the race is carefully planned. If the organisers give the field enough time to spread and "sort themselves out" this shouldn't be a problem. I think that nowadays race organisers get this right more often than not.

It's also quite peculiar how congestion becomes less of an issue the fitter you get...

I'm a dikgat, and I love single track, with respect if you are a racing snake, why are you caught behind the dikgat in the first place?

The person in front always holds the racing line period, it's up to you to find your way past, be polite when you pass, cos that dikgat will also finish the race eventually and when they are done could possible give you a hiding so be carefull.

That been said there is always road riding.

Chill bro it's Friday, WC 2010 is around the corner, S14 final tomorrow, Bafana Bafana have not lost their last 10 games, the sun is shining, we live in God's promised land, you own a MTB but most importantly the singletrack will forgive you, your rant, and welcome you back with open arms, and be kind to the singletrack and ride it hard while giggling all the way!

If you are so good then why are you behind the "dikgat" in the first place? He can't be that slow if he beat you to it first.

Jy dink jy's dunner as Ekke.... I blame all the angst on Jack Parow. Dikgat's rule KO?

If you are so good then why are you behind the "dikgat" in the first place? He can't be that slow if he beat you to it first.

MJ is just bored and frustrated on this Friday, but in seriousnessiless, you know it does happen due to half/full marathons splitting and joining and this super awesome starting groups in some of the races, and then not refering to 'dikgats' this happens with the ladies a lot, they climb like well oiled machines, but we end up cathing them on the singletrack...at least in that case we have something to look at while we're stuck back there.LOLEmbarrassed

Chill bro it's Friday' date=' WC 2010 is around the corner, S14 final tomorrow, Bafana Bafana have not lost their last 10 games, the sun is shining, we live in God's promised land, you own a MTB.........![/quote']

ClapClap

That sounds a lot like something posted on last weeks Friday Fight Hub Club

Sounds like you are dependant on race organisers to ride your MTB. Find your own mtb trails and don't wait for races to do MTBing.

Also sounds like you're always playing second fiddle - if its not the single track then its the indoor trainer. Stand up for yourself!

Now I've heard everything, a MTBer that hates singletrack. 20100528_040027_lmao.gif

I have read the three pages of the thread( so far) and can't belive that MJ has not said" only jokes" or "syke" or...

Dude isn't single track why we ride MTB?

My Avid Juicy`s squeal like a rabid pig when I brake so all I do on singletrack is fly up to the slower rider and jam on brakes, now that is entertainment - all most as good as watching the bull gore the stormers tomorrow.