Attacked before Stellenbosch & gun pointed at me..

MCDreyer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief! Must have ridden that road couple hundred times the past two years, just goes to show that we need to ride in lekker big bunches.. but not to stop riding, these bastards will get sorted.

Hope you get better soon!

I was planning on doing that route from Brackenfell to Jonkershoek this weekend. Wonder if i should rather go up further to polka draai or kromme rhee and ten hit stellenbosch through tennantville.

Have at least 2 riders with you and stay alert at all times. Avoid pedestrians as it seems that these thugs frequent routes where pedestrian traffic is common. Kromme Rhee is a better option as you can get onto Helshoogte Rd and avoid the Saturday morning traffic through the Town. This route also carries less pedestrian traffic.

It is actually stupid of the bikejacker to throw the stick in your wheels.Broken spokes and then he will have to carry the bike anyway from the crimescene.

He will not have the bucks to replace /repair the wheel anyway.

God bless u all and may He protect you.We will have to cover ourselves with prayer asking God to protect us.Before a ride we have to pray for each other and ask God for His divine protection.

cant wait for the day when a cyclist pulls out a gun and gives one of these f**kers 2 in the head and one in the chest.

cant wait for the day when a cyclist pulls out a gun and gives one of these f**kers 2 in the head and one in the chest.

No No No!!! 'Los daai Ding"

Sorry to hear about this V 6 but it seems that this is the first incident in more than six months.

I think these attackers are not local "Stellenbossers". As for Papagaaiberg its a definite NO NO. a Police buddy of mine says there is no/little patrols on that mountain/Hill.

I've been cycling @ Stellenbosch Mountain and there is ok enough routes and a plus point is the Patrol that is on top and @ the botom of the mountain. Also spotted the police patrol there last Saturday early that morning.

Just a pity the cops were not around when you guys got attacked.

Cry

Keep safe don't let these bastards get the upper hand.

Safe riding!!!!!!!

clintadam2010-06-07 11:25:51

Sorry to hear about this attack, Vaste 6 and peloton...

I love that route as part of weaving through Stellenbosch towards Polka Draai or Helshoogte.

Will keep my eyes open as I - like Bos - cycle solo 9/10.

Heal well!

smiley16.gif

Hey Guys and Gals

Only 4 days to the soccer world cup and then apparently we will all be safe. Our Minister of Safety and Security has guaranteed all visitors there safety, so as citizens of this country we should be really well protected - hahaha - LOL!

Of course it will be 10 x worse after the WC.

We can only hope and Pray and Pray and Pray.

Keep safe out there!!

SH!T!!! I was cycling solo through there just minutes earlier. My route was Wellington - Stellenbosch (via Back Paarl) - Bottlery (via Klipheuwel) - Kuilsriver. Finished at about 8:30 which means that I must have been in the area very soon before your incident. I must add that I caught a couple riding near there and we almost took a woman out who didn't even have a saak that we were approaching her at a reasonable speed.

Glad you are OK and that the bike is repairable.

problem there is that they guarantee the safety of the visitors not the locals.

Guest Frail4Life

Glad to hear you broke no bones.Ouch

Hope you come right with the bike.Cry

Thanks for the Heads Up.Angry

I also do alot of Solo training as I work funny hours.

Ps. On different note I am trying to get some motivation from PPA, Council to make things Safer out there.

Thread

(Rant n Rave : PPA What do they do? Who am I?)

(Rant n Rave : Survey on PPA. Please complete, be honest.) 

David

As for Papagaaiberg its a definite NO NO. a Police buddy of mine says there is no/little patrols on that mountain/Hill.

I've heard about this...

Such a pity that we're gradually losing ground to these @#$ers, when I was a student from 1997 to 2002, we used to ride around Papagaaiberg and pretty much everywhere else without fear. I rode on my own most of the time and wouldn't even have thought about anything bad happening, it was just unheard of.