Attacked before Stellenbosch & gun pointed at me..

MCDreyer

Glad no one was seriously injured.  And people wonder why the law is taken into their own hands and vigilantes are abundant!

Unfortunately they throw the book at those that defend themselves!

Honestly, what is country coming to??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh, Dis bad..

I ride by myself 95% of the time, I dont  ride passed a Informal area like where It happened to Vaste 6 but wow, It will deffiantely make me more aware.. This is very sad.

I was involved in a "situation" in the surf early feb, I still dont know How I didnt get a beat down but it was the angriest meanest oke Id ever seen and he was twice my size. It took me 2-3 months to get over the psychological side of it.. Every time I thought about surfing It would just consume my thoughts and In 2 or three minutes I'd be clinching my fists and Id realise there is still anger left in me.. Well I would pray again... and ask God to make me willing to forgive him. It was a long process.

May you get over this quicker then I did, and make full psychological  recovery/ healing in no-time

glad you are Ok...

I also saw 3 guys one Saturday morning opposite Cloetesville. One had a stick and was standing on the yellow line. Luckily nothing happened.

be careful out there, and it applies to all parties

Ag shame MC - spoke to Britsie on Sunday... I'm very sorry to hear what happpened, I was gob-smacked. Just thank the Boss upstairs that you're OK, it could have been a lot worse, a whole lot worse!!! I'll call you later chom. Is your insurance sorted?

I was the third guy cycling next to Vaste when it happened. It was just so sudden - them waiting for an opportunity and pouncing.

@Reg Lizard - yes it was us three. We were waiting for Vaste's wife with the bakkie and the police.

@ Tyger - this was on the R304 heading into Stellenbosch with Cloetesville on the left. We talked about another route, like heading straight over from Bottelary and turning right onto the R44, but on that connecting road you slowly go over those 2 sets of railway lines and that's also in the middle of the one area (don't know the name). Don't know if that and R44 is better.

@ Landie - Apparently there were 3 guys, but one ran away after their first robbery slightly earlier.

I guess we just always have to be on the lookout and even cycle on the opposite side of the road if you see something you don't like. Or if really uncomfortable then turn around and wait for more people and/or cars.

"I was the third guy cycling next to Vaste when it happened"

Ok, that makes alot of sence- Johan Brits (aka Geelsokkies) was slipstreaming again.Wink 

This begs the question....would any form of self defence i.e.e pepper spray have helped in such a situation?

My opinion: thisngs happen so quickly that one would not actually get a change to use it /defend oneself....

That's why i haven't yet bought the meanest product that i can find (without a licence)...I'm afraid I'll have no time to use it...

Sorry to hear about your incident. it's in my backyard and I don'tlike it one little bit!!

Hi. Similar thing happened to me and wife on top of pappagaaiberg about 3 years ago, which is also next to Kayamandi. For MTBkers it's even worse because there is usually no cars or people near. So please stay away from pappagaaiberg also. cheers

Sheesh' date=' Dis bad..

I ride by myself 95% of the time, I dont  ride passed a Informal area like where It happened to Vaste 6 but wow, It will deffiantely make me more aware.. This is very sad.

I was involved in a "situation" in the surf early feb, I still dont know How I didnt get a beat down but it was the angriest meanest oke Id ever seen and he was twice my size. It took me 2-3 months to get over the psychological side of it.. Every time I thought about surfing It would just consume my thoughts and In 2 or three minutes I'd be clinching my fists and Id realise there is still anger left in me.. Well I would pray again... and ask God to make me willing to forgive him. It was a long process.

May you get over this quicker then I did, and make full psychological  recovery/ healing in no-time
[/quote']

You mean you had a rout on your board?

wtf

What kind of people do you surf with?

Go to Scarbs or somewhere more chilled out

Wierd

I was planning on doing that route from Brackenfell to Jonkershoek this weekend. Wonder if i should rather go up further to polka draai or kromme rhee and ten hit stellenbosch through tennantville.

Geesh' date=' was it you that was wlaking towards Stellies Vaste6?

I was in a group when we passed the 3 cyclist standing next to the road. When I asked whether they were alright one signalled with his elbow and I thought that a car hit somebody. A GP registration vehicle (BMW I think) was standing alongside the road nearer to Stellies and I thought that he was the culprit.

Glad you're ok.

[/quote']

Yes, Red Lizzard. Was me and 2 others waiting for the police who arrived 20 minutes later.

sorry to hear about it V6- are u refering to R44 as u get into stellies with cloetesville on the Rght?

if so that surrounding/road is known for thatAngry

Tyger, it was on the R304, from Malmesbury's direction, Cloetesville on your left and Kayamandi on your right.

Ag shame MC - spoke to Britsie on Sunday... I'm very sorry to hear what happpened' date=' I was gob-smacked. Just thank the Boss upstairs that you're OK, it could have been a lot worse, a whole lot worse!!! I'll call you later chom. Is your insurance sorted?[/quote']

Thanks Richie! Insurance should cover things - hopefully.

Mooi man - just relieved you are alive and well, I'll give you a drukkie on Saturday, before we attack Franschoek pass. :)

What did the police have to say about doing their job and making us safe on this stretch? We cant all change our routes or take a chance that some moron will not try to attack us.