Attacked before Stellenbosch & gun pointed at me..

MCDreyer

It just seems that these types of things are happening more often now days. The PPA is all talk and the Police are unable to do anything about it. The same thing almost happened to me at the same place 3 weeks ago. I was riding solo because that area has always been safe in my eyes. I went to the cops to tell them that someone tried to knock me off my bike to rob me. The officer told me that they could not do anything because technically nothing happened.     

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we should all be ready for a big increase in this kind of thing for the next 6 weeks, protecting the tax payers is not important at the moment.

Glad your OK.

In the last 3 weeks there has been a sudden crime wave in our area. Such things are unheard of (yes, we do have crime but not like now).

Glad your OK.

In the last 3 weeks there has been a sudden crime wave in our area. Such things are unheard of (yes' date=' we do have crime but not like now).
[/quote']

Maybe the Gauteng criminals have moved to the Cape. Confused

Glad to hear that you are OK.

Sorry about your incident, all this country seems to care about is SWC, and of course, ignoring crime. And my fiance wonders why I am so adament we are leaving...

Glad your OK.

In the last 3 weeks there has been a sudden crime wave in our area. Such things are unheard of (yes' date=' we do have crime but not like now).
[/quote']

It will get worse over the next few weeks.

This makes me really angry. I ride that stretch around four times a week and rode it at 12sh on Saterday on my own so it could have been me. Glad to hear that you are OK Vaste but what do we do looking ahead?

Geesh, was it you that was wlaking towards Stellies Vaste6?

I was in a group when we passed the 3 cyclist standing next to the road. When I asked whether they were alright one signalled with his elbow and I thought that a car hit somebody. A GP registration vehicle (BMW I think) was standing alongside the road nearer to Stellies and I thought that he was the culprit.

Glad you're ok.

Reg Lizard2010-06-07 03:23:32

Glad your OK.

[/quote']

It will get worse over the next few weeks.

True.

What we are seeing is not just an increase in crime, but the fearlessness that the crim's have. Just last week someone I know got mugged at knife point in broad daylight in front of my wifes business.

And this is not an isolated incident, and that is the bad part.

Personally, I'm more aware of my surroundings and even changing my commute route to avoid isolated areas that crim's could take advantage of.

sorry to hear about it V6- are u refering to R44 as u get into stellies with cloetesville on the Rght?

if so that surrounding/road is known for thatAngry

I was with Vaste 6 when it happened - the arrogance of these brothers..........I was attacked on the same road about a year ago ( 14h00 on a Saturday afternoon alone ) - next to the speeding camera - when the 1 brother tried to hit me of my bike - he failed luckily and I got away. But on Saturday we were 3 guys - many cars on the road - and they still tried their luck.

glad you are ok vaste !! good to inform the guys out there and that you see it like that !!!

you are a better man than me cos i would hunt them down and they will never ever do that again i will inflict so much pain they will call for their mothers smiley7.gif smiley7.gif