Ryan Cox memorial ride

ewep

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets us know how serious you are about the saterday/sunday ride, i will make a plan to be there, stand-by or not that weekend, ill ride!

I will also not be albe to attend the memorial ride on the 7th but will be able to make the one on the 11th.  was thinking maybe those who won't be able to make the ride on the 7th, could perhaps wear a black armband while training on that day to pay tribute to Ryan. just a thought...

As we Capies will not be able to attend the memorial ride:  On Saturday August 4th riders will observe a minute's silence in memory of Ryan before the start of the Stellenbosch MTB challenge.

Won't be able to make the 7th. will make the 11th unless something comes up. Will wear the black armband at Nola as well. Hey, maybe the race organizers should inform cyclists at number collection to wear black armband at races this weekend.

as previously mentioned by somebody else; i think it would be a great and fitting gesture by all race organisers this weekend to observe a minute's silence at the start of their events in memory of a great cyclist!

Will do so in Boland road race this weekend 2pm between paarl, Wellington. if u have black armbands, wear it. Maybe ill find my XTR Epic band somewhere.

I suggest that everybody who rides this weekend, be it a race or a club ride, wear a black armband in tribute to Ryan cox

I suggest that everybody who rides this weekend' date=' be it a race or a club ride, wear a black armband in tribute to Ryan cox

[/quote']

Sounds like a good idea.

I need to know who is still interested in Saturday's ride?

It will be starting at 08H00 at the Glen Acres shopping center in Kempton Park and will be following the same route as Tuesday's ride.

The only thing is that we will need to have this ride look like a "training" ride or else the Metro Police will throw their toys out of the cot (I've just spoken to Clint, who arranged Tuesdays ride, and he said that the Metro Police are full of sh$t when it comes to giving permission for this type of thing), so we'll try to keep it as low key as possible, that means, unfortunately NO Motorcade marshalling, we'll have to inforce that ourselves on the bikes.

So whoever is still interested PM me.

I'll be putting a map of the route up later on.

Must say I am speechless ... what a turn out ... there must've been 200+ riders that turned up for the memorial ride today. The whole MS/MTN pro team, Minolta they were all there. Robbie Hunter and other team mates and ex team mates were there, some who flew into the country especially for today and this in despite of the sh*te weather... People lined the streets in places and this was probably the first time ever that motorists stopped and waved ... it's like they all knew.

All I can say was that Ryan was probably laughing at all of us in full winter kit riding in the blistering cold ... heck how he hated riding in the cold. I think it was the only time he'd ever opt for a cup of warm milo and a duvet rather than his saddle!

i'm definately in for saturday.

i'm glad that there were so many people today. i would've liked to have come along but work is hectic and knowing that tazman is keen for saturday i knew i could still pay my respects.