Ryan Cox memorial ride

ewep

Whatever you do pleaseĀ also contact Clint Curtis from Finish Line Cycles @ 011 391 6912. Ryan lived in this area, I often saw him on the roads here and Clint coached Ryan through his junior years and has maintained regular contact. Sure they'd be keen to be part of something.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm definately in. on my bicycle. as soon as we know the size that this is gonna get to i will discuss with the "powers that be" at TB for marshalling if it looks like we'll need it.

There will be a lot of support on this... If Finish Line arrange anything I will be sure to post it on here.

fees2007-08-01 03:20:33

do we have soem more details. i think this is a wonderfull idea! just sad that this is a long weekend and most people will be away

Please let me know as well so that we can put it on SAfm as well.

Ā 

We are paying tribute to Ryan in out weekly cycling feature. I have sound from him at the Giro and we will be chatting to people we worked with in his too short a life.

Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

I've just spoken to someone at Finish Line and they said that Clint was busy makinf funeral arrangements for Ryan AND also a memorial ride to the funeral.

I requested that Clint let us know on this site as to the details pertaining to the funeral/memorial ride.

Ryan's funeral will be held next week tuesday in Kempton Park - South Africa (7th of August 2007).Ā Details on theĀ venue, timeĀ and directions will be posted on his website.Ā www.ryancox.co.zaĀ Thank you all for the prayers & messages.Ā Today we haveĀ realizedĀ how theĀ death of someone so special,Ā teaches us how to live. Thank you once agian for everything.

If I can be of any assistance with the memorial ride and to Think Bike with my Patrol Car, please let me know.

The ride will be leaving from the Glen Acres shopping center in Kempton Park @ 14:00 ... we will be riding passed his parent's house, then passed his house and on to the church for the funeral.

Hi there, Clint is busy updating Ryan's website. He should put some contact details on it regarding the funeral. I will forward the message to him though so i'm sure they'll make a plan. What an awesome idea. I'm sure he will be smilling down on all celebrating his life.Ā 

I think I speak for those of us that will unfortunately not be unable to attend the funeral on Tuesday, I would still like to do memorial ride, along the same route,Ā on the weekend.

So we, ewep and I, will still continue to arrange that ride.

Contact us for anymore assistance.