which bibs are the best you can get for under R1000

Elvin

which bibs are the best you can get for under R1000  

36 members have voted

1. 1. which one is most comfortable and has the best fit, even after hours in the saddle

• First Ascent - Evolution
    • First Ascent - endurance
    • Cape Storm - Matrix
    • cape storm - nitros
    • Other (please state which brand)

If you know of a better buy, please post it here, I'm based in the Western Cape.

Thanks

Santini - Bought at Argus expo for R750 - best Bib shorts I have ever owned. Beats Assos F1 mile in my opinion.

Try the Indola bibs - local brand, but great chamois. They retail for about R750. Don't know if it will fly with the image conscious roadies - but definitely better than the First Accent and Cape Storm offerings. Paul Cordes won the mixed category of the Epic in 2007 wearing these (according to the label).

Adidas. Got mine at Cycles Direct and used it for the Epic. Great bibs and they fit great. Great price too.

Best bib short for under a grand = second hand Assos! :lol: Other wise if you want new, go for the Cape Storm Nitros...second best to Assos!

Try the Indola bibs - local brand, but great chamois. They retail for about R750. Don't know if it will fly with the image conscious roadies - but definitely better than the First Accent and Cape Storm offerings. Paul Cordes won the mixed category of the Epic in 2007 wearing these (according to the label).

where do you buy Indola bibs? found a web site but its down

what about Anatomic? Saw them advertised in Ride Magazine, are they any good, or is my best bet on the Cape Storm Nitros ?

You're not gonna get a better deal then Joey's 1st Ascent Revolutions. You can get 2 pairs for your R1000.

For R240 more than a grand you can get an Etxeondo Press Bibshort - Trust me , you will not get better value for money bibs! Better than Santini, Assos, Castelli etc. Phone 0825519497 and find out who in CPT stocks them...

I also vote for the Indola bib. Used it in this years Epic and was great!! Cajees sell them.

I bought Specialized bib shorts for R900 a bit more than a month ago and I love it!! Used to ride with First Ascent Endurance and you can't compare the two.

Bridge Cycles have BBB bibs on special for R350 - I bought two and they're good enough for the job at hand - I've done some hard 5 hour rides in them and they're just as good as my Vermarck bib shorts. I've also ordered some kit from cycling-jersey.net for a very good price - still waiting to receive the package so not sure of the quality just yet.

Can anyone tell me what you get for a 2 grand pair of bib shorts besides bling value? Is there a remote control ass massage function or something?