Lance announces his retirement.....

Guest Big H

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not going to argue this anymore let LAD's be LAD's and Trolls be Trolls.

Getting pwned is a bitch huh?

Eldron,

Was wondering about this....Is the record for 7 in a row or 7 years in a row?(Contie has done 2 in a row but over 3 years)

If it is 7 years in a row then I agree it will be very hard to beat!!!!

As far as Armstrong goes I am glad he came back for 2 years and spiced things up a bit and I hope he can get 1 more podium before he goes.

But I will still be shouting for Andy to win this one and I really hope we see a hard tour with 4 or 5 guy’s being up there to take the win right up to the final TT!!

To me "7 in a row" needs to be 7 wins in 7 years. A feat achievable only if the luck fairy ****s all over you on an hourly basis...

I like the Schleks - their double prong brother attack adds an interesting element to racing. I'm keen to find out more about the Luxembourg Team they're going to be riding for next year.

Agreed - I'd love to see a really tight toour with no clear winner until the end. Climbing the tourmalet 3 days from the end and a super flat 52km TT the day before the end is going to make for a cracking finale...

Damn! They're climbing both sides of the tourmalet - the short side on stage 16 and the long side on stage 17. Ouch!

Hmmm (I'm checking out the Stage Giude now) is it just me or is there less climbing this year than normal? That would certainly favour Lance over Alberto - could the (french!!!!!) organisers be supporting a Lance win?

Eldron's conspiracy theory for the day....

Lance himself has admitted that if AC had been around earlier then he wouldn't have won 7 in a row. Just like people can argue until they blue in the face about whether Schumi could have won all those champs if Senna had been around, we'll just never know.

Lance is always going to have a question mark over his head because he only concentrated on the tour.

Merckx won just about everything he entered so theres no question mark there about his greatness.

If you watched the TDF Team Announcement this evening then you obviously saw how the crowd reacted when Team RadioShack made their appearance....Good Luck to them ALL and may the best man WIN.

Hubbers...N'Joy the Tour.