Lance announces his retirement.....

Guest Big H

Well LA has never and will never take all three grand tours.

There's only one Tour that matters...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what the odds are of LA not completing the TDF? I have a sneaking suspicion that something will emerge during the tour to derail his final charge. We may see him taking another "dive". Not long til it all gets going...

There's only one Tour that matters...

I agree but he has never won the Giro de Italia.

Any idea what the odds are of LA not completing the TDF? I have a sneaking suspicion that something will emerge during the tour to derail his final charge. We may see him taking another "dive". Not long til it all gets going...

Don't hold your breath... I don't see anything coming of this. Honestly, for the last 10+ years people have tried to prove that he is a doper. Why would this year be any different than the previous 10? Because Floyd said something? Oh please!

:lol: :lol: :lol: And... (do this in one breath)He came seventh in the Argus which means that there are seven cyclists in South Africa that is better than him and taking into account that many describe Lance as the best cyclist ever, even considering that his main focus has always been the Tour de France, this would in effect mean that there are 6 guys in South Africa that is better than the best cyclist of all time and therefore that they are the 6 best cyclists of all time and that this means that South Africa is the greatest cycling nation in the woooooorld! (deep breath)

I thought it was quite charitable of him to pay us third world africans a visit and promote our local charities. That was until I found out he was paid 1 Mil USD to visit our shores. What a pr!ck.

I thought it was quite charitable of him to pay us third world africans a visit and promote our local charities. That was until I found out he was paid 1 Mil USD to visit our shores. What a pr!ck.

Good grief, is that true.?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats gotta be the best "snappy come back" I have seen this week.!

:lol: :lol: :lol: And... (do this in one breath)He came seventh in the Argus which means that there are seven cyclists in South Africa that is better than him and taking into account that many describe Lance as the best cyclist ever, even considering that his main focus has always been the Tour de France, this would in effect mean that there are 6 guys in South Africa that is better than the best cyclist of all time and therefore that they are the 6 best cyclists of all time and that this means that South Africa is the greatest cycling nation in the woooooorld! (deep breath)

Oh come on....He was clearly not racing in the Argus Cycle Tour. And that was quite evident in the last 1km when he gave way for those 6 riders.

Oh come on....He was clearly not racing in the Argus Cycle Tour. And that was quite evident in the last 1km when he gave way for those 6 riders.

...and I heard him say afterwards that he only pedalled with his left leg :P

The Feds' have a habit of getting their "man". Mind you on the other hand they can't catch Bin Laden <_< but Lance? Maybe.

Bottom line....Whether we like him or not, he has contributed a major deal to cycling and has become a household name worldwide. 7 TDF wins behind his name and a comeback after almost 3 years and still finishes 3rd. Lets see another cyclist beat that or even come CLOSE!!.

As for his retirement (true or not true), he still has the opportunity to manage and lead Team RadioShack into the future with all his experience.