Lance announces his retirement.....

Guest Big H

I suspect he might even retire during the TDF, a few times - can't see him doing 3000+km's on one set...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He gave us a great tdf 2009 and looking forward to an even better tdf 2010.

I agree, it's as if the Tour went "quiet" without Lance. If he could win this year it will be amazing. Although I think the Sclecks and Contador will take a lot to be beaten... It is strange how no one had too much to say when Os du Randt came out of retirement, and need I remind you, he won a World Cup after that.

What will happen if Contador still beat Armstrong this year? That means he can't retire until he beat Contador.....

Contador has a record that lance cannot beat but Contador could still possibly beat the 7 TdF record set by lance.

I agree, it's as if the Tour went "quiet" without Lance. If he could win this year it will be amazing. Although I think the Sclecks and Contador will take a lot to be beaten... It is strange how no one had too much to say when Os du Randt came out of retirement, and need I remind you, he won a World Cup after that.

Os can break most people in half, Lance cant. :P

Os can break most people in half, Lance cant. :P

Thank goodness he is finally leaving.... what a joke!

According to the New York Times, two unnamed cyclists that will be participating in this year's Tour de France have cooperated with federal investigators on Floyd Landis's allegations that Lance Armstrong was involved in systematic doping while riding for the United States Postal Service (USPS) team. Landis accused former teammate and seven-time Tour de France winner Armstrong, along with several other cyclists and key figures in the sport, of being involved with or having knowledge of doping practices on his former USPS and Phonak teams. The newspaper says the individuals asked to remain anonymous until the conclusion of this year's Grande Boucle.

an extract from an article on Velo news

He may be a loud mouth TEXAN, but he has done a lot for cycling, and has put good social initiatives in place.

I don't like Americans, less so loud mouth ones, but I have a healthy dose of respect for Lancie boy

Contador has a record that lance cannot beat but Contador could still possibly beat the 7 TdF record set by lance.

What record is that?

I am not sure that I agree with you guys about Lance retiring. All I see is that he wrote on Twitter that this is his last Tour de France. It seems that the media are writing a story without actually checking facts again and it has grown around the web.

To paraphrase the greatest action hero of all time, Officer John McClane in Die Hard. "Just the facts ma'am, just the facts."

J

What record is that?

I also wondered about that...

Right now Armstrong is the one with the records - Contador only has the potential to break Lance's records...

I am not sure that I agree with you guys about Lance retiring. All I see is that he wrote on Twitter that this is his last Tour de France. It seems that the media are writing a story without actually checking facts again and it has grown around the web.

To paraphrase the greatest action hero of all time, Officer John McClane in Die Hard. "Just the facts ma'am, just the facts."

J

well it was announced on Sky news aswell this morning.

J

WOT? You expect trolls to stick to the facts?

IMO Tour De Lance sounds better than Tour De Alberto.

I have a sneaking suspicion that LA has been showing us his poker face (again?) over the last few months and all hell ia about to break loose for El Pistolero.

Anyways personel opinions aside....

May the best man win and lets hope it's exciting all the way to Paris.

He is only retiring so that he can focus on his preparations for the 2011 Cape Epic...

He needs time to convince Burry to ride with him :lol: