Indoor trainer program

"No hands on the rollers? Standing? Sounds like a death wish to me."

Would not recommend the hands off standing routine on rollers, meant to be done on a trainer where you secure the rear wheel onto the trainer frame.

But if you are comfortable on rollers (wheels not secured anywhere) standing or no hands riding is quite easy once you pluck up the courage to try it.

?Thanks guys! I will try SwissVans suggestion for the next week or 2 and report back!?

Big Ben - Don?t do this routine more than once a week, if you are inclined to do more than 1 quality session a week rather do a different one for the 2nd session.

BTW - I have forgotten how hard this routine is, did it last night and found it quite hard, especially the 60s single leg reps.smileys/smiley9.gif

Thanks SwissVan . . . went to spinning last night and fortunately the instructor was a cyclist and tried to keep the work out more 'real'. Also found my ankle ligaments getting a bit sore . . . feels like a bit of a centrifugal force on them at high cadence. Will wear my heart rate monitor next time and compare my stats to the equivalent time on the bike.

Tarryng - IMO gym spinning classes for cycling rate a 5/10' date=' purely because a spinning bike (fixed gear) and your typical gym spinning instructor / program do not cater for real cycling.

Personally I find the fixed gear flywheel effect hurt my ankle ligaments, especially in the beginning and took a bit of getting used to.

[/quote']

I think the classes rate 9/10 as interval training and are very useful part of training, especially in the dark or rain, or for people with little time! Most (all of the classes that I attend) are given by cyclists and cater very much for cyclists. As you can adjust the resistance and your legspeed the spinning bike resembles a road bike's gears rather than track bike, although the wheel is fixed which takes getting used too.

Dont spin too fast without resistance (protects the ankles) and take it easy for the first few weeks to avoid injuries.

For what you wanna train indoorssmileys/smiley7.gif get out there, winters not here... yetsmileys/smiley18.gifsmileys/smiley19.gifsmileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley19.gif Just reading this thread bored the hell out of mesmileys/smiley4.gif

?For what you wanna train indoors get out there, winters not here..yet Just reading this thread bored the hell out of me?

Says ye who have 12,5 months of sunshine per year.

Problem in SA for those that work a full day, the daylight hours start becoming few, besides Cervelo ID training is all in the mind, just what an IM athlete needs to work on smileys/smiley2.gif.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep thanks HW, plenty to choose from there.

You dont know by chance if they have a Conconi test excel sheet available???smileys/smiley25.gif

Speaking of all this:

I'm looking to get an indoor trainer - anyone know of good one that wont break the bank?

smileys/smiley4.gif

Not sure exactly what they all cost new but I got a TAXC for R500 used once.....from my lbs..try some bike shops for second hands, it got me somewhere. Thing is some guys prefer a power meter to go with it. A good one should go in the region of about R1000 perhaps.

"DTsmileys/smiley4.gif"