Contador Bad sportmanship ?

Ovenboi

I thought Poestalero's salute at the prize giving was a bit in poor taste. After attacking the Maillot Jaune when he was down.

He really needs to get a personality, he's such a cycling Geek!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

Ag please, they are all big boys now, they dont need to cry on their mothers shoulders, sometimes lucks on your side sometimes not, they know that as well as anyone.

Yes, its controversial, but only in the media, 'Berto's not there to make friends, its a race after all, and who is to say Andy would have waited.?

I say 'Berto saw an opportunity and took it, and lets not forget so did Menchov and Sammy, theres no race rule that says he or any of them had to wait so why should they, tomorrow 'Berto could flat, fall, have a mechanical, anything can happen, the cards fell poorly for Andy today sure, thats life, the sun will come up tomorrow and he will battle on.

...... I Like!!!!!!!

Guest Big H

I thought Poestalero's salute at the prize giving was a bit in poor taste. After attacking the Maillot Jaune when he was down.

He really needs to get a personality, he's such a cycling Geek!

.... firing .22's and not the 44 Magnums a real winner should !!!!!

I can see an advert for some green bottled beers being made from this...

Andy Schleck (AS): Dammit man, trying to change gears on the climb

Louis Gosset Jnr (LGj): Andy, what are you doing?

AS: Uh, Uh, um

LGj: Well, real contenders don't change gears in mid-attack

LGj: Here, try this [handing him a green bottle beer] and remember, I'm watching you!

Alberto Contador (AC): this is my chance to attack the MJ

LGj: Alberto, what are you doing?

AC: Um, Uh, Uh

LGj: Well, real contenders don't attacked when others suffer misfotune

LGj: Here, try this [handing him a green bottle beer] and remember, I'm watching you!

Why does Alberto have to lie to the press afterwards...

Watch the stage again, and another time if you have to, then read his statement to the press on cyclingnews (its asif he was on a diferent planet).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-defends-his-attack-on-the-bales

With Shleck climbing the way he did today and yesterday and saxo bank ripping the legs off Astana like they did today, its gonna be a exiting stage tomorrow.

Cant believe AC lied with a straight face that he didn't realise what happemed to Andy when he attacked. AC only attacked when he realised Andy was having problems what a scam. AC had realised that Andy was much more stronger than him from the previous day so he took a chance on Andy's misfotune.

I had no respect for AC and now i have so much distate for the man I dont even want to watch him race anymore. what a prick................

I dont see a dropped chain as a mechanical, that's rider error, Contador, as much as I think he is a Schmuck had the right to go

Contador, never liked him and never will.

He knew what he was doing.

Hilnaut - Good with Panache

Indurain - Good with Panache

Lemond - Good with no Panache

Armstrong - The best(was), no Panache but did show respect and sportmanship to Ulrich. Was this not also chain problems?

Ulrich - No Panache but showed the same to Armstrong when he fell.

Contador - Well, to me he's just a *&%$#$%#%(Don't like him)

Andy - Go for it!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Please show me the rule, where it states, that when a rider falls behind, cos he got a puncture, had a bit of a lie down, pee pee or chain comes off, they have to stop? Please, I want to see this.

He is not breaking the rules, he is just taking part in a….wait for it….RACE/TOUR. So please, don’t tell me that it’s a gentleman thing to do. It wasn’t Contador’s fault Andy’s chain came off, really, he shouldn’t be paying for it.

This is all about tactics and team work. For a change, the tour is actually way more interesting for a non roadie to watch.

Now just because it’s not going the way as predicted, and the riders didn’t cross the line holding hands…the poor guys is a coward.

Not exactly a fair show of who is the better rider though, is it now.

Cuntador didn't have to stop entirely, but he shouldn't have attacked either. The fact is he got into a group with arguably the Tours best descender (Samuel Sanchez) which gave him more of an advantage.

Disappointing Cuntador.... Go Andy!!, teach him some manners on the Tourmalet.

I cannot wait for the finish now to see the "la mierda asustada hecha frente y deshonró el perro español" being boo-ed!!!!!!!

It will make you feel homesick for Klipdrift Versveld no doubt??

Oh sorry, my apologies.

Because Lance did it before, it's cast in stone as a rule that must be obeyed.

And god forbid you don't, then you shall be named an outcast, coward and crowned of having bad sportsmanship.

...or just a Troll!

What amazes me with Schleck and Sram is that Sram fitted all previous tour winners' bikes with yellow versions of Red. Andy is so voor op die wa that he already has his fitted. I bet it's those experimental oversize pulleys that caused the k@k.