Contador Bad sportmanship ?

Ovenboi

Andy made a mistake which cost him time. If it had been the other way round I bet this would have been a different view from our Hubbers. Lots of anti AC here to start with.

They all cheat and lie about their activities in the team vans( note no mention of d.....)so get off the high horses guys.

But then again I ride for fun have never taken part in a road race or anything provincial so what do I know.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sorry, my apologies.

Because Lance did it before, it's cast in stone as a rule that must be obeyed.

And god forbid you don't, then you shall be named an outcast, coward and crowned of having bad sportsmanship.

YES, YOU SHALL BE CALLED THOSE NAMES....any problem with that??

YES, YOU SHALL BE CALLED THOSE NAMES....any problem with that??

Seriously, you feel the need to use your capital voice on me? Do I intimidate you? Or can we carry on like civilized people? Or is this your way of showing me your sportsmanship?

Seriously, you feel the need to use your capital voice on me? Do I intimidate you? Or can we carry on like civilized people? Or is this your way of showing me your sportsmanship?

Don't touch me on my studio!

You...not YOU...YOU=CONTA......... :blink:

Wait. Maybe ones computer goes offline. We will see who is the gentleman and doesnt post remarks till the other reconects. Hehe

Oh sorry, my apologies.

Because Lance did it before, it's cast in stone as a rule that must be obeyed.

And god forbid you don't, then you shall be named an outcast, coward and crowned of having bad sportsmanship.

It's got squat to do with Lance. He's not the only one who waited. When Lance got pulled down by a spectator, Ulrich waited if memory serves me correct. The point is no one seems to care much about being a true sportsman. Its all about the drugs, the politics, who can point a finger at who....

Wait. Maybe ones computer goes offline. We will see who is the gentleman and doesnt post remarks till the other reconects. Hehe

Now it's been written, so it's not an unwritten rule anymore, so it does not count.

Usually by this time AC, has tweeted, even the rest are quite. AS said: "I lost yellow today! **** happens but the race is not over yet!!!1 be back!" Leipheimer did comment he followed a "furious Andy Shleck over the top of Port de Bales"

I just think there's a lot of people who hate Contador fullstop. Could just be beacuase he's so good. Everyone's always jealous of a winner.

If Sanchez and Menchov weren't going for it, AC may have waited. He did look a bit confused at one stage as to what he should do.

But as mentioned in other posts. Nobody waited for Chavanel when he punctured in yellow. Nobody waited for AC or LA on the cobbles. And don't forget, even LA was still a favourite at that stage. Andy used his team to get as much advantage as possible.

Maybe we should remember it's a race. It's to see who wins. Not who comes 2nd but everyone thinks he's a nice guy.

Thi incidents in the past when LA waited for Ullrich and vice versa, it was usually outside influences like a spectator that caused the incident, not because you don't know how to change gears properly.

Nice guys come 2nd!!!

RT @rachiepoo1: gentlemanly? Stage 2: Alberto agreed with Fabian to wait for andy Stage 3: AC caught up in Frank's crash, Andy didn't wait -it's bike racing

Didn't see Schleck waiting for Contador on the cobbled stage when his brother Frank's crash held up almost all the other favourites. Instead he sat in the wheel of Cancellara and they attacked to take as much time as possible.

Riis: " I think he (Contador) waited at the start, and then he went. That's just part of racing."