Contador Bad sportmanship ?

Ovenboi

i am not really sure about this - but ummmm a yacht club in Botswana ? Is it not meant to be errrrm dry ?

Yeh ummm...I'll check it out and let you know. Hee hee.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bwahahahahahaha

Cuddles "If we waited every time something went wrong, we'd still be at stage 3 by now, waiting for someone to adjust their underpants"

:lol: :lol: - Yeah, I like it.

Remember the Giro, Evans, Basso, Vino and a few others in the final charge up and down some mountain, Evans also had a Mechanical and had to change bikes, Vino (I think) was in Pink and they all worked together to drop Evans, he eventually got into the following bunch but they wouldnt work with him either and he had to do a solo TT to the finish.

Guess he remembers that!!. :D - but he didnt complain.

Unwritten rules....Bah, they are'nt here to make friends.!

Yeah, I think 'berto has it in him to win today, but it will be tough. Andy wont be a pushover.

Hopefully he will use his team to chase Andy who will be isolated by the time the attacks start and have to do everything himself, 'Berto can then conserve some energy for the final dash and a win, which I think he needs.

Sammy's position worrys me more, Menchov is a tough old bean and I think his team is stronger, but yeah, it could be a good stage if all go's to plan.

Cant see LA featuring, and I think Levi could lose a place or two if the pace is a-la-Contador speed.!

Question: if Schlecklette loses time because he can't get his rain jacket done up, is Contador obliged to wait or will it be zipgate?

these are all moo points.

This stage/weather looks more dangerous then that second one,

so shouldn't the Cancellor go upto the front again to keep it safe.

It's not like anything exciting was going to happen anyway...

these are all moo points.

This stage/weather looks more dangerous then that second one,

so shouldn't the Cancellor go upto the front again to keep it safe.

It's not like anything exciting was going to happen anyway...

Famous last words .... Yesterdays stage was awesome two superb athletes giving it everything. I would was a pity Andy didn't put some time into AC which would have made tomorrow's TT more of a spectacle.

Sastre didn’t mince words when talking about the incident after the stage. “Whoever wants to start debating or raising controversy about this matter can do so freely,” he said. “I’ve fallen in this Tour, I fell in the Italian Giro d’Italia, I’ve had technical problems and no-one ever waited for me.

“I think we’re turning cycling into a sport for spoilt brats and that is what happens in these kinds of circumstances,” he said.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sastre-not-interested-in-wait-debate

Sastre didn’t mince words when talking about the incident after the stage. “Whoever wants to start debating or raising controversy about this matter can do so freely,” he said. “I’ve fallen in this Tour, I fell in the Italian Giro d’Italia, I’ve had technical problems and no-one ever waited for me.

“I think we’re turning cycling into a sport for spoilt brats and that is what happens in these kinds of circumstances,” he said.

http://www.cyclingne...-in-wait-debate

exactly... its racing.

my point exactly.

i understand the historical aurgument of the unwritten rules that is accepted in this race, but the unwritten rule is only applicable if racers choose to abide by it. if they choose not to, so be it. no wrong done there.

the racing is more exciting now. let's see if andy has what it takes to win from this point!

Can't believe all the theories on this one here. It's quite obvious actually. Before the race the overwhelming contenders for each of the categories within the race will be established within their teams and public knowledge. The yellow jersey riders will know who the contenders in the other teams are, as the green jersey brigade etc. If one of the main contenders has any form of issue that is outside of racing AND at the head of the peloton it is accepted (unwritten) to give them a sporting chance to get back to terms to contend as the race is intended. That is why the purists will continue to boo Contador. Because he gained an advantage and got INTO YELLOW through this is the reason. Consider that between the main contenders the margins are always very tight, so any unsporting advantage amongst the top crew will be frowned upon.

(Not even Chavanel would think he is a main contender and as such the events he had in the early days would be less relevant.)