Which cervelo Frameset?

Spoon

Guest Big H

I agree totally that the worda are harsh and they are meant to be. I grew up conservatively and was taught from a joung age to have a respect for values. A bike that costs R35 000-00 and weighs 7kg costs R5000-00 per kg. It makes no sense and in any "normal" society it will not make sense. Twisted values are what comes to mind in cases like this. Ok for the Pro who uses this as a tool to make a living I can agree, but for the normal run of the mill average day to day cyclist I cannot agree. Michelle's bike is a thing of beauty but to pay these exorbitant prices for a thing to play with still does not fit into my value system.

I myself are just guilty of these veign traits. Our MTB Tandem started out as a "bad looking" run of the mill bike of R8500-00. It has now been upgraded various times with better and smarter components, just recently we paid R1000-00 for the Thudbuster, and there are still a few more things to be done. My father will turn in his grave if he heard I spent R20 000-00 plus on a mere bicycle. In regard to "normal" values this IS twisted.

What makes it worse is that both M and myself "motivate" these arguments to do a little more of this and a little more of that. Our POLAR S725X's bought simultaneously last month comes to mind.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can Argue with me till you all blue in the face!!!!!!!!

But an expensive bike with Quality components does make a difference!  for some it might be a little and others a bit more...

Dont come with the Lance will kick you butt on a raleigh thing again ..Rather compare apples with apples. Put Lance on a Raleigh TT machine a get him to do a 50km TT, Then put him on his Trek TTX machine.. I'll bet my Balls theres a huge DIFF. smileys/smiley4.gif

Guest Big H

Maybe you are right 101%...... how many Lance's are there on this messageboard, how many cyclists are there that really excell on this messageboard. How many of the cyclists on the National Seeding Register really excell and DESERVE bikes worth R35 000-00. I know of many more POSERS on this messageboard. My contention is that they are egoistic and love to reward themselves with prizes of the newest and latest on the market. Again I say if a black thickwheel Hercules with a three speed wins the TdF this year you will hear the poseurs extolling the virtues of the smooth shifting Sturmey Archer three speed and the solid lugged steel tubing of the Hercules frame tested by thousands of postal deliveries throughout the world..

Look at them answer and go for my throat now by attacking my person as some POSERS on this board do. Fair fight was never ever one of their strong points, especially when the cuts are made close to the bone. Fortunately I HAVE a big ass that absorbs their puny kicks ...... and arguments.

You all miss the point...I think if you got the money...spend it! But why the hell do you wanna spend it on something that every second poser rides!!!! I'm not saying Cervelo is sh%t, but whats wrong with Specialized, Pinarrelo, Eddy Merckx ect....smileys/smiley5.gif 

A few years ago every ou toppie in JHB rode a Colnago, then Trek came along and now Cervelo. All great bikes...but were's the fun in riding in a bunch in wich every idiot rides the same flavour of the month bike...and still believes that everybody's looking at his bike..smileys/smiley5.gif Get real people..be original!!

Oom H - it's all a matter of priorities.  You said it yourself, you live in Moz and have sacrificed being able to ride in all the events that we do - why???  Because you are wanting to earn the bucks and are giving up some aspects of your quality of life.  Now to some of us that's a "twisted set of values" because who knows - like Colin said, you can be gone in a blink of an eye!!

Yes, I have a Carbon Soloist, No, I'm not lance but I'm a fairly decent racer, probably don't do the bike justice.  The car that I drive is 8 years old and I haven't had to make a repayment for over 3 years.  I do more mileage on my bike in a week than I do in my car.  I get more joy out of racing a seriously good bike than I do driving my car to work and back  every day.

bruce38881.7117824074

Big H ???? In the real world of cycling ...are'nt we all wanna be pro's or training experts or as you put it POSERS ????

We ALL are constantly talking about the best bikes , the best riders , or why Ullrich wont win the tour... But in the real world of pro bike racing we all ..you included no F*#K all.

Otherwise we'd be employed by some pro tour team to give there riders the best advice possible. smileys/smiley5.gif

What does a R3 with 303's weigh?

Hoe swaar is 'n blou kar op petrol?

Met watse parte op?smileys/smiley36.gif

Ah cr@p, BigH, why do you insist on making statements which you know full well will bring up an argument. Is your life that boring over there.

You said it yourself, you are as guilty of the "Extravagent" behaviour that you are accusing the "Posers" of the board of.

Why did you buy 2 S725x HRMs, are you that convinced that your and your wife's route profiles will differ on the tandemsmileys/smiley36.gif. Better yet, why buy an HRM anyway, surely a simple bike computer will suffice - time and distance, that's all you need.

Twit

And to echo Jason, ping couchpotato

I wont be able to help you on that one...Altough I'll guess about 7kg with the dura ace and a few grams lighter with record on...smileys/smiley36.gif

What does a R3 with 303's weigh?

Hoe swaar is 'n blou kar op petrol?

Met watse parte op?Click on image to open in new window

[/quote']

Or should I ask : Have you got one with each mayor group on them?