Comebacks that didn't really work....

MJ the Expat

Cheeeeeeeeese. I start a topic about better brakes and it turns into a fight about me putting substandard sheeeeeeeeeeeeet on my wifes bike!

I start this topic and it turns into a religion war!

I aint startin' no more topics - gonna go and put some more substandard equipment on my wifes bike while I wait for a comeback.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manbearpig

I don't see it as blasphemy, not at all.

It's offensive yes, most definitely offensive, not just to me but to many others, I am sure.

Of course its offensive, its offensive and dirisive on every level, and to every Christian who believes in Christian traditions.

A forum is a public place and one needs to behave as one would in any public area, with repect for other peoples morals and beliefs - would he walk up to someone in a group at a mall discussing the same thing and make such an offensive comment.?

I doubt it, so why do it here.?

Theres no excuse for that, sorry.!

Dangle you're a good guy. I hereby apologise to all the fans that I may also have offended by agreeing that the crotch grabbing, kiddy fiddling singer made the worst comeback of all time. I have changed my mind. It must be Michael Schumacher. Here's a hint, if your first name is Michael, DON'T COME BACK !

Phew, Mikey Schultz best keep his boxing skills handy, if the Brett Kebble trial go's as planned he is gonna need them for many years to come.

Only problem is Johannesberg central prison rules are not quite the same as the regular Sainsbury ones, although I hear they are expecting to get gloves and a mat soon, so things are looking up for him. :D

He's a Section 204 witness, so is immune from prosecution, unless he perjures himself. Oh, and aren't they the Queensbury Rules?

Dangle you're a good guy. I hereby apologise to all the fans that I may also have offended by agreeing that the crotch grabbing, kiddy fiddling singer made the worst comeback of all time. I have changed my mind. It must be Michael Schumacher. Here's a hint, if your first name is Michael, DON'T COME BACK !

Eish brother I hope that is with sincerity or I hope I didn't offend you with my last post.

I am just glad my name is not Michael :lol:

other comeback that flopped is the attempt to come back to the OP's purpose for this thread.... B)

He's a Section 204 witness, so is immune from prosecution, unless he perjures himself. Oh, and aren't they the Queensbury Rules?

:insert handclapping icon:

Yeah, you are right, my brain and my fingers obviously were not in tandem. :)

Yeah I know, Schultz has "conditional indemnity" but not perjuring himself is only one condition, there may be others.

In any event, he is far from safe from jail, the criminal procedures act says a 204 witness must be "honest and frank" and only a judge can decide if this was the case at the end of the trial.

In my opinion the granting of the amnesty was also suspect, and that, as well, has been part of an investigation - but never the less, this was well planned, and pulling the trigger on a big fish like Kebble, after carefull planning, is not something to be seen as normal, he could well have other skeletons in the cupboard which are about to see light.

Yeah, you are right, my brain and my fingers obviously were not in tandem. :)

Yeah I know, Schultz has "conditional indemnity" but not perjuring himself is only one condition, there may be others.

In any event, he is far from safe from jail, the criminal procedures act says a 204 witness must be "honest and frank" and only a judge can decide if this was the case at the end of the trial.

In my opinion the granting of the amnesty was also suspect, and that, as well, has been part of an investigation - but never the less, this was well planned, and pulling the trigger on a big fish like Kebble, after carefull planning, is not something to be seen as normal, he could well have other skeletons in the cupboard which are about to see light.

I agree about him having to be honest and frank. And, so far, his evidence has been corroborated by at least three other witnesses. Although the defence torn into the hitmen and Mildenhall about not being able to directly link it to Agliotti and Kebble, I think the Judge will accept their evidence as credible.

ps, Check out Zapiro in today's M&G for a take on the plea bargains! :lol:

I agree about him having to be honest and frank. And, so far, his evidence has been corroborated by at least three other witnesses. Although the defence torn into the hitmen and Mildenhall about not being able to directly link it to Agliotti and Kebble, I think the Judge will accept their evidence as credible.

ps, Check out Zapiro in today's M&G for a take on the plea bargains! :lol:

I didnt see yesterdays report yet, but Mildenhall sounds like he could be the key to the unfolding events - from his "hit" onwards, it just went from bad to worse.

I personally think the three (Schultz, Smith and McGurk)should do time, the plea bargain they got is controversial to the extreme.

I will have a peek at the M&G later,thanks for the "heads up".