Mtb preparation

Wannabe

Is there any preventative steps that can be taken to prepare your Mtb for expected muddy riding conditions?

Mud tires like mountain kings, and wet lube i would think, some people say spray and cook on the bars to shed mud (not sure about that though)

the mx guys spray silicone or similar under the mudgaurds, stops the mud from sticking and making the bike heavy and unbalanced, not sure how effective it is

Those water bottles with the caps keeps the mud out of your mouth when reaching for a drink <_<

Just ride. You either going to be over prepared or someone elses unpreparedness will get you.

Good Wet Lube and an even better sense of humour ... also aim to for the puddles with your bike and try and get your riding buddies splashed .. good fun it is!

Are you still worried about Stellies race this saturday!, camaan, Just ride your bike, nothing youve not seen before. Weather should be good. Rust ride in the dry spots and if it is muddy, rather ride through the puddle (slowly if you dont want to get wet) than through the churned up mud on the side, as the "runny" stuff is less sticky.

Its going to be fun!

Tx Guys. Think I'll have my bike prepared. Got decent WET lube, new tyres, a good sense of humour and a HUGE sense of adventure. See you on Saturday!!!!

weather is very good. No rain forecasted for the day or before. Has not rain for over a week. Track should be very good I think!!

Im sure there will be some stickey mud from whenever, the clay is the problem..which Is why I recomend.. Spray n Cook TM :rolleyes:

But it should be good in general,Man that race will be very hard when really wet.