Which should I Buy? Scott Spark 40 or Merida 96 fullsus

Shakes

Hi Guys,

I wanna get myself a good full sus MTB; and was looking at the Scott Spark 40 and Merida 96; which should I go for?

Thanks

which one do you think is better looking? If equally specced I don't think there is much to choose between the two...

Go and ride them both and then decide. They are very similar, I ended up with the Merida, and am very happy with my decision.

Go for Scott man you wont be dissapointed, the Merida's tend to crack just behind the BB on the rear triangle, I know from experience

Always best to try each one , I suited a Merida better( im have long legs but a short top body ), and can say its a awsome machine.cant coment much on the scott as i only road it around the block.

Depends on which 96er.

I have the same issue as Iron, so the geometry of the Merida suits. Not sure if Scott still has the integrated rear dropout,not the greatest design.

Also look at what the spec is of the rest of the bike, groupset and shock, then compare.Dont just look at the name or the frame.

But if I had to choose i would go for the Merida.

Hows the warranty on the bikes/frames, longer is always good, you never know !

Ddoes your LBS sell them and service them ? No use driving miles to get the bike and having to take it back there all the time...

Also watch out for the Magura fork if the 96 has one, spares/service seems to be non-existant here for that brand of fork.

Merda 3000 96 has a Magura front shock , its a awsome fork.And there is now a new agent for the magura brand in SA so backup and spares will no longer be a problem ( it was the only let down of the Magura brand ). i have raced mine hard and its a very plush light fork.

Iron who is the agent, I really like the Durin SL's desing, but have been put off getting one as there is no back-up here