Garmin Edge 500

Fast R

I have had one now for the whole of winter and it is keeping me on my toes.

It was great to use during the TdF as you could upload to MapMyRide and see how your compared to the best in the world.

The Garmin Connect is good but not as good as the Polar offering as there is no training programmes option, but there are ways around that.

As for use, I use it on my MTB and Road bike as it comes with 2 attachments. Also, you can change the settings for each bike you use it on.

Screen settings are cool and fully customisable (is that a word).

Setting up the cadence was an issue for me but I am working around that too.

J

Have been using mine for almost 5 months now....LOVE IT!

DITTO !!

I have not missed my Polar once , not ONCE, just the way I have experienced the Edge 500, not a single hick-up so far.

I got my Edge 500 with HR monitor and speed/cadence sensor from EasyGIS in February and love it! There were a few issues with data loss (if activities weren't saved (reset) a certain way, but I've just worked around that and I have been really impressed with the regular firmware upgrades over the period I've had it. B)

Mine arrived from CRC. R2600ish and best money I have spent in a long time!

did you buy the one with hr and cadence sensor for tht price?

Surely the need to charge the Edge 500 is a hassle?

I dont think so, when you download your file it charges aswell,the battery life is also very good, I think they talk about 18 hours, so I would say 12 hours will be very safe to work on. I have had a flat battery .......yet

As Baie-sukkels says......when you download, you charge.

I think the ONLY time it was a hassle was at the Joberg2C when I had to charge it every second day at the race office. But they were ready for us and I had no issues!!

That said, I now have cool route info of the race....!! B)