SANI2C...August 12:00 (who got an entry?)

Santa C

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dare I mention ROAG in this whole dirty and tiring affair?! I'm sure a lot of the entries are from GP but why not put a local company to do the entries?

Additionally, when ROAG was initially formed, they had extended periods of heavy server requests on a rather "basic" server. Since then they have upgraded so I think they would have handled it "No problem!"

Dare I mention ROAG in this whole dirty and tiring affair?! I'm sure a lot of the entries are from GP but why not put a local company to do the entries?

Additionally, when ROAG was initially formed, they had extended periods of heavy server requests on a rather "basic" server. Since then th ey have upgraded so I think they would have handled it "No problem!"

hi, sometimes the best solution is not to change a provider when things go wrong but rather allow the benefits of experience pay off in the future.

Very frustrating!

How can it be worse than last year?

They are taking this farmer approach too literally.

Or maybe this is how they reduce the numbers?

Trying to enter this year is an absolute joke. They really should have been prepared for this.

same **** last year

Nothing like last year, we got in in the first 10.

This year I'm still trying, ..... almost 1½ now !!!

Im told there were way over 2000 being processed at one time....normally it would be more spread. I know there were other issues with the web, which were not related to us as well...

That is all good and dandy but it seems the same scenario unfolded last year? So when will be the right time to be prepared to offer us, the customer, reliable service?

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

From the Sani2C website:

ENTRY PROCEDURE

• Entries for both the Adventure and Race open to all 2010 competitors on 2nd August 2010.

• Entries will open to the waiting list on 16th August should the 650 team limit have not been filled by 2010 competitors.

• Entries open to the general public on 30 August should the 650 team limit have not been filled by the above.

QUESTION:

So if you count yourself among the "general public" I assume the is not a snowball's hope in hell of getting in?

Maybe they should send out invites first to the guys that rode last year then have a lottery system for the spaces not taken up.

From the Sani2C website:

ENTRY PROCEDURE

• Entries for both the Adventure and Race open to all 2010 competitors on 2nd August 2010.

• Entries will open to the waiting list on 16th August should the 650 team limit have not been filled by 2010 competitors.

• Entries open to the general public on 30 August should the 650 team limit have not been filled by the above.

QUESTION:

So if you count yourself among the "general public" I assume the is not a snowball's hope in hell of getting in?

I know of teams that did the race last year but are now on the waiting list because of the reduced field so no not a snowball's hope in hell

I tried for the first time last year and got in. Was not going to do it again but it turns out this years event wasnt the real SANI with Elrina getting shot, car being ported was crashed and people sneaking extras into already filled to capacity race villages. I want to do the real Sani at least once.

Spoke to many teams and they too were not going to bother doing it again. Keep your fingers crossed.

We didnt do the Umkaas Valley and all the associated singletrack either, so it wasnt a real Sani.

Who else got a "wait" team number?

Wait A161 - and confirmed by e-mail that it means number 161 on the reserve list. Fingers crossed.

• 3 months later...