How old is your cycling shoes???

_freak_

My MTB shoes last about 3 years or so.

I'm stil on these road shoes from about 1994 or so:

http://www.roadbikereview.com/Channels/RoadBikeReview/images/products/product_29391.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are old specialized going for year 7 now and still going strong and it's not like I don't ride they are just not dieing but are showing there age.

Will be replaced eventually

where you get the Adidas mtb shoes from?

back then i bought from Sportsmans Warehouse, then only seen them once at Hotspot in Pta, if i ever see again ill buy just for in case...

post-12987-076793600 1282317531_thumb.jpg

roadie shoes about 10 years old, use them once a year so they should be fine for another few years :)

mtb - shimano, about 5 years old, and specialized, about 1 1/2 years old and need replacement badly - in all fairness, it did ride2rhodes, joburg2c, 2*wet sabie xperience and some other wettish rides.

I have a pair of "Lake" mtb shoes that I have been using since 1999. The tread is starting to get a little thin and they sound like tap dancing shoes when I walk but other than that they are still going strong.

Sidi Ghost (MTB) - 12 years old (and still 100% functional)

Shimano R215 (Road) - 3.5 years old

DMT Flash (Road) - 2 years old

Shimano M182 (MTB) - 18 months old

My MTB shoes last about 3 years or so.

I'm stil on these road shoes from about 1994 or so:

http://www.roadbikereview.com/Channels/RoadBikeReview/images/products/product_29391.jpg

Hey Pete

I've got the model before that - the white and red Time shoes dating back to about '91. They are disintegrating so just replaced them with a pair of DMT's.

Mtb shoes - 1 year old Olympics

Time road shoes about 5 or 6 years which I now use for IDT.

Sidi road shoes are about 3 years for on the road training and racing.

Specialized MTB shoes almost 2 years old.

• 12 years later...

I'm resurrecting this VERY old thread to find out what you all do with your old (but still usable) cycling shoes.

I have a pair of MTB shoes which are still in decent enough condition to be used by someone, but not decent enough to sell. I'm reluctant to just toss them if someone can use them.

Are there any development clubs in Joburg where one can hand down old shoes and kit?

….subscribe, I have a pair of Nike (yes, Nike) cycling shoes from T-H-I-R-T-Y years ago that I would like to donate…

…they are simply too good to bin…!

5 minutes ago, Zebra said:

….subscribe, I have a pair of Nike (yes, Nike) cycling shoes from T-H-I-R-T-Y years ago that I would like to donate…

…they are simply too good to bin…!

30 years so I'm guessing Lance-esque.?

Long time since they've been on our shelves but doesn't Cav still rock Nikes.?