Erika Green admits that selectors stuffed UP!!!

D_P_

I do'nt think you are knowlegdable, I think you are way out of line and arrogant. You have conflicting statements. The one moment you blame the system, the next you utter rude low class comments about selectors and riders who have absolutely nothing to do with this. Do you not think that this same system you just crucified was enforced upon these selectors as well? Now they have to take the blame and they were selected by the provinces.

I know people are frustrated with the system, but your comments were truly distasteful and ungrounded. It just reflects a bit about your caracter I suppose...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad that two of the most likeable and geniune ladies in cycling are targeted and abused essentially by a bunch of ego driven men. When the ladies work hard and perform' date=' us men are quick to claim part and 'ownership' to this, but when the sh*t hits the fan we the ones stoning the girls. Cut the act, we no better than some of those countries with no right to woman. We just do not write it on paper...[/quote']

If you made a mistake and appologised does not mean everything is honkey dory and you can go on as nothing happened, and the person was not wrong after an apology.
AuctionLamb2007-08-31 03:28:52

Ok.....

I appologise for being so rude and distastefull. Its not the selectors fault at all. Lets just hope it gets sorted out ASAP.

I am willing to take bets that in 2 to 3 years tiime, we are sitting with the same people and the same problems.Cry

I do'nt think you are knowlegdable' date=' I think you are way out of line and arrogant. You have conflicting statements. The one moment you blame the system, the next you utter rude low class comments about selectors and riders who have absolutely nothing to do with this. Do you not think that this same system you just crucified was enforced upon these selectors as well? Now they have to take the blame and they were selected by the provinces.

I know people are frustrated with the system, but your comments were truly distasteful and ungrounded. It just reflects a bit about your caracter I suppose...
[/quote']

who are you to say that?
AuctionLamb2007-08-31 03:38:52

Chunky your are an ignorant idiot who has very little to offer the sport other than cheap drugs and nasty swipes at people who actually try. Go and get a life. Try and add some value somewhere but stop your unfounded insults they are going to land you in trouble. You epitomise everything that one has to dislike in any sport.

Those are some really bad excuses. If they, the selectors really gave a damn and were serious about their jobs then these kind of mistakes would not have occured.

I also know that some riders were not properly informed of their selection and found out via the internet or word of mouth.
whitesox2007-08-31 03:53:05

Why is she being targeted? Yes, a mistake was made, but the other selectors to my knowledge have been involved far longer with the whole process, than Erica who's only joined CSA a couple of months back.

Surely they should be the one committing sepuku - cause by all reports, Erica has done more in this couple of months than the others with all their combined experience and obvious personal agendas.

Just to show how easily people can make mistakes, 90% of the people on this post mis-spelled Erica's name.....so maybe they should take a step back and think about everything that goes into the jobs some of these people are doing and doing for nothing.

Mistakes happen...even the GB selections have had a f... up this year with their U23 selection.

At least Erica took the heat, whether justified or not. How many else would ?

Seem like a lot of moaning but no one with the balls to do anything about it.

Chunky..you still "helping" cyclists? cause I still wonder how THAT helps cycling as a sport.....maybe you should put some of your lofty words into practice.

Yes' date=' so easy to criticize from behind a face mask? Isn't it? All of you was up in arms when the Team for the worlds was announced. Were is Ronel? Were is Robbie Hunter? SA Woman Champion and first ever stage winner in the Tdf.

Than Robbie publish  this on his website "I delayed the decision till now as the course does not really suite me and I was thinking of closing my season down early. I guess an extra two weeks wont hurt. "

So, everyone jumped of that bandwagon and went overboard with "Ronel". She than think its good and appear on Super Cycling. (For me, I don't think world class sportman or woman should do that. Using the media, especially in a country like South Africa were sponsors can be counted on your one hand.

In between you had a punch at Dave Bellairs, Cooper and if correctly even Latrinus.

Than poor Erica Green came forward and told the world that they followed a system that is incorrect. And you guys killed her off as easy as slapping a mosquito against a wall.

And than Cruxpearl spoke a bit "to soon" about trying to get his foot in the door to try helping with the administration and way things get done (or not done) in CSA. And he was crusified in one sentence.

Now I sit here and think by myself:

Why did you guys don't go to the CSA website , get their contact detail and inform them about your dis-approval of their system and reasons for your disapproval?

So my challenge to all of you is very simple:

One of these days (Oct - Nov) your club will have their annual AGM, Please get involved in the management of the club and start to give valuable input.

Only once Cycling is structured and organized, the real knowledgeable people will step forward and put their hands up and contribute.

Reading all your comments on the Hub, its clear that you are the most knowledgeable, clear minded, impartial and honest cyclist, selectors and administrators around.

Please step up to the plate and show us what you can do for cycling.
[/quote']

are you involved in a cycling club?

p.s. the people who know her, KNOW how she works and the dedication she puts into everything she does. 

The others are just moaning because it gives them something to moan about and makes them feel important.

Get a life or DO something. Talk is cheap.

Chunky your are an ignorant idiot who has very little to offer the sport other than cheap drugs and nasty swipes at people who actually try. Go and get a life. Try and add some value somewhere but stop your unfounded insults they are going to land you in trouble. You epitomise everything that one has to dislike in any sport.

Actually I just like winding you guys up.LOLLOLLOLLOL

Nothing anyone on this board ever does will be able to change what is happening. It hapopens in all sports in all countries. Its just a little bit more exagerated here in South Africa.

We after all live in a country that believes Beetroot as a cure for diseases. Cyclings problems are at the bottom of the pile.

On a more serious note, the problem can be reasonably easily corrected.

A transparent selection system with a defined selection process outlining the events that will be used as selection races and a point scoring system within those events will make life alot easier for the selectors.

Choose a handfull of events throughout South africa well in advance so cyclists hoping to make selection can plan ahead.

The athletes then score points over all of the events mentioned. The top however many cyclists in each category are then put onto the team.

That was the selection process used when I was in England and it was very hard to manipulate it. The top riders over the selected races were in the team. In my opinion very simple to administer and very simple to justify selection.

That's fine and well but the people here will still find a reason to bitch and moan about something.