Erika Green admits that selectors stuffed UP!!!

D_P_

So Erika Green admitted where it went wrong .... Just remember it is always easy to criticize people / decisions; but no one wants to do the job.

Without people giving up there valuable/personal time and most of time do it for the passion of the sport; there will be no organisations and no representation at events such as the Worlds ... Give these people some credibility for there goodwill and dedication ...

Dont they get paid?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erika admitted that they have screwed up and as far as I'm concerned she has made the correct decision in resigning her position.

The systems in place at CSA need to be drastically overhauled to ensure a repeat does not occur.

Dis scary as dinge so gaan. Amper so snaaks soos beeld se voorblad oor die regter wat aan die slaap raak tydens 'n hofsaak.

As jy mooi daaroor dink het albei die stories baie slaap (aan die slaap) in gemeen.

Correctly say about "DO the JOB right"; however we are human beings; at the time of the decision, the selectors possibly thought they are following the right decision? With the unpacking of the facts recently and some hubbers appearing to have more knowledge about the decision process etc. than the selectors, brings me to the following:

The selectors have less decision knowledge than some hubbers although they willing to do the job;

The selectors realise their mistake and come in the public and make a statement, even resign;

No hubber, giving comments here on this forum, volunteers to be a selector and do the thankless job.

So Erika Green admitted where it went wrong .... Just remember it is always easy to criticize people / decisions; but no one wants to do the job.

Without people giving up there valuable/personal time and most of time do it for the passion of the sport; there will be no organisations and no representation at events such as the Worlds ... Give these people some credibility for there goodwill and dedication ...

Fair comment. Like I said before its a thankless job. But' date=' If you do take on the responsibility of the job, DO IT RIGHT.
[/quote']

Maybe the selectors don't get paid but don't CSA/race organizers cover their cost when they do go to races?

Chunky I agree with you. If you can't to something like this properly don't accept the post. I were asked to be a selector for another sport  end of last year but declined it as I were not able to get to most of the matches due to work commitment.

Maybe the Sports commision must place CSA under administration if it carries on like this.

It is good that someone (Erika Green) is willing to break the wall of silence and say what happened. It is good that she is leading the way with a resignation.

However, just as Rassmusen has realised, in the world of cellphones, email, blueberry, fax, ext ext ext, it is a lame excuse to say "oops he had the wrong email." At what stage did they realise this? With such a small committee, is this acceptable?

With CC and WT and SS and RIDE and BICYCLING and so on, is it not a lame excuse to say "oops we do not have the results for this year" One internet search and voila you have at least a tentative result sample. (Also don't the girls teams keep a "wins list" of their charges).

LAstly, "oops we don't have a critera to select". Now this is a Sh!t excuse. Selection is the process where options are tested against some or other critera. Work the critera out before you start the selection process.

So, thank you Erika for admitting you were wrong, thank you for resigning. Now can your colleagues also go.

"Klapperkop - The selectors have less decision knowledge than some hubbers although they willing to do the job;

The selectors realise their mistake and come in the public and make a statement, even resign;

No hubber, giving comments here on this forum, volunteers to be a selector and do the thankless job."

Well said Klapper. I totally agree this is an absolete disaster and cannot continue as in the past. With two vacancies as selectors (Erika resigned and Glen relocating to Europe) how about some knowledgable Hubbers volunteering to do the job properly.

Kona I agree. First select the team and then realize that you don't have the results/selection criteria/co-selectors contact details?

Secondly, selectors select a team but the chairman has to endorse the team. How does the chairman endorse the team if all the selectors signatures are not on the selection sheet? and why didn't they raise the concerns with the chairman at that point?

This is also a bad reflection on the chairman.

"Klapperkop - The selectors have less decision knowledge than some hubbers although they willing to do the job;

The selectors realise their mistake and come in the public and make a statement' date=' even resign;

No hubber, giving comments here on this forum, volunteers to be a selector and do the thankless job."

Well said Klapper. I totally agree this is an absolete disaster and cannot continue as in the past. With two vacancies as selectors (Erika resigned and Glen relocating to Europe) how about some knowledgable Hubbers volunteering to do the job properly.
[/quote']

Family, study at UNISA, Cycling, and a day job.......I do not think I can squize that in...would have loved to help out!Ouch

When you are selecting say a provincial team, yes you can make all sorts of mistakes, because at this level, there is less interest in the outcome, and sure letting a few wildcards helps the sport.

But

for national selection for UCI event (world championships) here international careers, sponsorships and MONEY is involved. You better do it properly.

Family' date=' study at UNISA, Cycling, and a day job.......I do not think I can squize that in...would have loved to help out!Ouch
[/quote']

I''ll do it. But, I still wanna cycle, run, swim. And I wanna work from home.

Alex Cooper as a selector - that's almost funny!?

Glenn is a good guy - personally I think he is the guy responsible for getting Lisa Vermaak where she is today and through his Bionic club he has done a lot for cycling. Hope they dont loose him..

I'll do it. Big%20smile

But then probably only hubbers and Wheelers riders will be in the team.

Sorry removed the names as I realized I left out to many others Evil%20Smile
IanC2007-08-30 02:11:21

I will do it, but remember I like the underdog, and have been drilled to ensure gender, racial and sexual orientation equity in all selections...........

MWNN are you sure about Glen?????

Just wondering this is same person who took all the persons of colour(bar Isaac)from my club in December with the promises of better help to them and to date they are yet to ride in a race.( My personal opinion is he does it only if he can gain from it-Remember Tour de Soweto).