Erika Green admits that selectors stuffed UP!!!

D_P_

This statement is the biggest lot of ?bs? I?ve heard in a long time.Censored

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Without being to any of the races ? I could?ve picked the right team.Geek

It?s not rocket science, you just need to be able to read.Ermm

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In last nights 1'st General Meeting held to the benefit of improving Women?s Cycling' date=' Erika Green admitted that the National Women's selectors DID NOT operate according to the governance structures and made a mistake! She confirmed the following in public:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

-         The national women?s selectors (Erika, Glenn Lottering, Alex Cooper) were not informed enough re race results and performance due to the fact they they?ve only been at 1 race this year together ?

-         They did have a selection criterion, but this was hap-hazardly put together amongst themselves (not tested with any-one in cycling world) before the World Selection and it was mainly focused on last years and past results due to the fact that they did not have relevant information re this year. This was communicated to NO ONE ? Thus no rider / manger could prepare ?

-         The selectors NEVER sat together and one selector (Glenn) was not involved in the process because they had his wrong e-mail address. He only found out yesterday what happened ??

-         They as National selectors DID NOT know that we could send 6 ladies, therefore they only chose 4

Erika tendered her resignation as National Women?s Cycling Selector and Convener last night, but because CSA was not in full representation (Only sent Bart), this is not official ?

[/quote'] LOLLOLLOL

hey this post should be in the Friday Funnies !!!!!LOLLOLLOL

So Erika Green admitted where it went wrong .... Just remember it is always easy to criticize people / decisions; but no one wants to do the job.

Without people giving up there valuable/personal time and most of time do it for the passion of the sport; ....

... Give these people some credibility for there goodwill and dedication ...

Chunky I agree with you. If you can't to something like this properly don't accept the post.

The admission from Erika is also not so clearcut as it seems...

Alex Cooper Most Certainly Wanted to be a selector, as that is where he can manipulate the most, and effect his personal choices, as can be seen by the final selection.

He isn't doing it for the passion of the sport, he is doing it for his own benefit, Proline's benefit and (most importantly) the benefit of Anriette Schoeman.

There was NO GOODWILL here, and NO INTENTION to do it properly either!!!!

Erika Green is a sweet girl with really good intentions, and really wants to make a difference in Womens Cycling, but was totally manipulated by Alex into making this one sided selection.

The final criteria whereupon the final selection was made, was drawn up by Alex, and was drawn up specifically to include a below par Anriette in the squad, and eliminate current Triple SA Champ Ronel van Wyk from the team to represent SA at worlds.

It was confirmed last night by Erika, that the final list of four names were in fact selected by them, (primarily her and Alex Cooper) and that Ronel's name was NOT on that list

That clearly indicates that the selection was unfair, one sided and vindictive toward Ronel.

So Ronel's name was not removed from the list at Presidential approval level

That brings me to the next point!!!!

Why wasn't there any questions asked by the President / Vice President of CSA about the validity of the List of ladies selected????

Surely if the President / Vice President truly have the best interest of cycling at heart, they would be well informed about who the athletes are that are at the top of their game during the year, and would take note and query the fact that the current triple SA Champion does not appear on the list. To let that pass unnoticed and approve the list, indicates that they DO NOT have the best interest of South African Cycling and fair representation at heart.

They can't claim ignorance, as that is their sole purpose in their elected position at the head of CSA!!!!

So they get my vote of NO CONFIDENCE on the whole issue as well

Guest Michelle

So what's happening from here?  Are they going to reselect the team?!?!?!  They can't just leave it as it is!!!!!

Although this is going to hurt a bit - The selectors are not entirely at fault here. Yes they stuffed-up, but ultimately it is the structure above them that was put in place that needed to ensure that proper process and protocol was followed, i.e. Corporate Governance. CSA did not support these guys from a financial and other perspective to be able to do their job properly!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We as cyclist were also blamed last night and our provinces were (In CSAs opinion) not doing their job ?

But lets be solution focused here for a while ?

It looks like most of us here come from a business and professional background, so let?s look at it from this perspective:

1.    A company has shareholders (We ? the cyclists and provinces)

2.    We elect directors to manage our interest (President, Vice-President and management team)

3.    There is also a Board of executive and Non-Executive directors ? In this case it would be The governing Sports Body of SA

4.    If our expectations aren?t met and proper process and protocol is not followed we raise our concerns to the management structure (Directors) and board (Sports Body of SA) and give them an ultimatum to respond with corrective actions / mitigating actions

So c?mon guys and girls ? Lets stand-up!!! ? and start an Official Petition to indicate our Vote of No Confidence to the current structure. We all can Rant and Rave here as much as we like, but lets channel all your energy into a positive direction ?

I?ll volunteer to take this trend, votes and all supporting documentation and consolidate it into a formal process by which we as cyclists can make our voice heard ? The team mangers put some very constructive solutions on the table, so lets support them as well - CSA said that they will look at this proposal, but my feeling is that this will disappear as usual.

All I need from you are: 1) A process of how we will get your votes (Maybe the owner / webmaster / moderator of this site can help?) and 2) Your Votes ?!!!

I?ll formulise and drive the process ? (Got a bit of experience in these type of things and I?m willing to do a bit of Pro-Bona work)

I read the Ride Mag that covered SA Champs, and there is a quote from Erika saying what a great rider Ronel is, and how impressed she is by her, and what a worthy SA Champ she is etc.

This kind of adds to Crux's post about Erika being manipulated by by Alex - Erika knew what good form Ronel was in.

That brings me to the next point!!!!

Why wasn't there any questions asked by the President / Vice President of CSA about the validity of the List of ladies selected????

Surely if the President / Vice President truly have the best interest of cycling at heart' date=' they would be well informed about who the athletes are that are at the top of their game during the year, and would take note and query the fact that the current triple SA Champion does not appear on the list. To let that pass unnoticed and approve the list, indicates that they DO NOT have the best interest of South African Cycling and fair representation at heart.

They can't claim ignorance, as that is their sole purpose in their elected position at the head of CSA!!!!

So they get my vote of NO CONFIDENCE on the whole issue as well
[/quote']

Interesting point, this.  I do not want to take a stance on the selection itself, or the flawed nature of the process, but just to raise a question in regard to Crux's point:  If the selectors (once again, don't care if they were there for the worng or right reasons) select a team and this then gets vetoed or queried by the Chairman, is the Chairman not then a de facto member of the selection committee?  This then makes it possible for the Chairman to ensure that a certain athlete gets selected.  (remember the Luke Watson episode in SA rugby?).  Or should it simply be a case of:  we have an elected selection committee, they are responsible for the team selected? 

Yep' date=' accrding to website signed off by Vice President - Dave Bellairs[/quote']

hmmm, lyk my daars 'n doring in die tube ... aka vlieg in die salf of nog beter 'n dr0l in die drinkwater

What's the point of the President / Vice President signing off their approval then?

Signing off on the process rather than the team?  I guess the question is when does input from the pres/VP stop becoming input and becoming interference?  In this case the whole process appears flawed, from the election of the selection panel to the selection process itself.  From a layman's point of view it appears as if the election of the selectors in question was a result of apathy from stakeholders in cycling when it came to the election process.  Once the selectors were elected, surely they had a mandate?  I think the pertinent comment that Erica Green made was that they had no set criteria when it came to selection.  Now the question is, did they at any stage contact the pres or VP to clarify this matter?  If yes, then Crux's comment regarding these gents are 100% correct.

Dp,please go forward with this. It sounds like you can! Whatever you want from us hubbers,please ask! Thanks for the step of action that you are going to take! We need it! Thank you so much!

Erica Green shouldn't be let off the hook so easily. In the first place she lives down in Somersetwest how would she know what is going on in the women racing when 90% of races takes place in Gauteng and surrounding regions and she is rarely present. Why did she make herself available as a selector in the first place? On the Argus commentary she couldn?t even tell Marissa from Robin De Groot! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />