Spruit Rules

Peach.

but please don't destroy the lips by riding the wrong way over them.

Yep! We spend hours and hpours on the Klapperkop hill on our DH track..... The lips for the jumps is destroyed after 2 or 3 XC runs. The XCers riding the track don't have the skill or bikes to launch the jumps and destroy the lips, they further drag there brakes and it causes "brake ruts" and nocks rocks into the track :angry:

At the end of the day it is the DHers that needs to fix the track again!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Acroblanc,I take it then that you have picked up tools and have done work on the spruit. I don't recall seeing you at 6am when we are fixing these lines. You ask how we got our special one directional jump heaven? We built it. We're not saying XC riders are not welcome to ride them. We're asking that you don't destroy the lips by riding the wrong way over them. Is that too much to ask?

Acroblanc,I take it then that you have picked up tools and have done work on the spruit. I don't recall seeing you at 6am when we are fixing these lines. You ask how we got our special one directional jump heaven? We built it. We're not saying XC riders are not welcome to ride them. We're asking that you don't destroy the lips by riding the wrong way over them. Is that too much to ask?

No, I don't think that is too much to ask. Even though I can guarantee you that we have NEVER damaged a jump lip - we know how to ride to avoid doing that - we have no problem not crossing the lip from the wrong direction in future. We appreciate any sensible work being done on the Spruit.

What I don't appreciate was the way you acted on Saturday. I will respect your work, but don't expect me to dive out of the way every time you come charging towards a jump without looking or having someone posted to warn oncoming riders.

So we have a deal then. You won't ride over jump lips the wrong way and I won't jump close to you. I think that's reasonable.

Sooo much Anger, and i missed all the fun :(

See ya on the Trail :D

You must have been brought up soft, the anger is in the I have issues thread.

Where is this Spruit place what you Ouks is talking about? Sounds like fun.

It's the Braamfontein spruit. Trail runs from Greymont to Paulshof. About 28km on way.

Jeepers... right under my nose. Drive past there every morning and didn't know there was a trail there. Was wandering where all the MTB guys were going so early in the morning. Guess I'll have to check it out. Was useful to see the "rules" here though, even though we have managed to bed down only 3 so far...

I almost got into a good ol fistfight while riding at the "spruit" part north of cambridge crossing in the suburb. Saturday afternoon and one of the locals did not appreciate my "playing on his land". The local was drunk and his land was a dirt path between palisade and his spruit/toilet. I left when he sat down and started crying.

Is it like this elsewhere on the route too? This poor oke wasn't dangerous but it could easily have been otherwise.