It might be raining in Cape town

Shebeen

Slow, I'm concerned because if he has an accident it not only affects him but others. Imagine being the unlucky driver to hit him on his bike and he suffers from head trauma? What about his family and friends? The costs to us taxpayers when what could have been a minor bump now requires cops and ambulances to race to the scene!

That is why I've got a big problem.

If he got knocked over and he caused the accident, then it`s not my problem!

HE left for a ride without THINKING about HIMSELF and HIS future by not wearing a helmet! If you feel so strongly about it then next time you see a guy not wearing a helmet open your window and shout at the guy :lol:

When I see it I just think to myself "Dicey roadies"

Maybe someone can recommend the small caps they were over in France (The ones they used to wear in the TDF) :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's wearing one of those new Rudy "ZUMA" helmets :P

I also do 'Zuma' when you see me without my helmet on. :)

New Brunsdon Dad who has had his gonads tickled

why worry yourself with what happens to his family ? He must think of that - not us.

Sure helmits, helmuts, helmets do save lives, usually your own when you wear one.

As for the ambulance, we pay taxes, accidents happen that require them, even if you have something on your pip

might have been raining in cpt, but apparently Devils Peak experienced a raging fire this morning...anyone know anything about this? Bit arb considering teh weather overnight and today.

why complain about no helmet... they HAVE built in helmets.

[quick hi-jack]

Careful, cervelo, unless you want to own your negative stereotyping of 'Africans' and not deny it.

If you were born and raised on the African continent, you are one of 'them'.

:huh:

[quick hi-jack]

Who are "they"? :huh:

Sea Point cyclists?

Wet weather riders?

Black riders?

Pinarello owners?

I asked already, dude. The answer, in all its mis-spelt glory, was:

"Africans...because of the higher temperatures over the years they have thicker sculls to protect the brain."

I made it through the entire 70's and 80's without a helmet and gloves, or lights for that matter. We've become a bunch of PC soft c..s who can't wait to tittle tale on the next oke they see breaking the law.

Is it against the law to not wear a helemet. Gosh I commuted for 10 years in London - 50 kms round trip a day - never wore a helmet once(not sure if I was stupid or lucky) I did have a few accidents mind you. That was all year round as well(snow,hail,rain)

You think thats bad, you should see the clan that ride in Tokai with them on. Yes, thats right, they wear them while MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

I always wear my booties when it rains and have a set for road and a worn set for mtb. The reason behind it is they keep your shoes clean!!! The shoes might get wet, but I don't have to clean them after every wet ride and I just hose of my booties before taking them off.

Plus here in Europe it gets cold. Real cold, so booties become more than just a fashion statement.

You think thats bad, you should see the clan that ride in Tokai with them on. Yes, thats right, they wear them while MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Well, the mythical Style Man might frown, but I wear whatever I like wherever I like. And its no one else's bizzness. B)

Poor spelling and casual racism in a single post.

What's not to like?

Maybe the one leads to the other? Sort of like reverse evolution...

I always wear my booties when it rains and have a set for road and a worn set for mtb. The reason behind it is they keep your shoes clean!!! The shoes might get wet, but I don't have to clean them after every wet ride and I just hose of my booties before taking them off.

Plus here in Europe it gets cold. Real cold, so booties become more than just a fashion statement.

Im with you on the booties, had to in winter otherwise your shoes are always wet, does help when its -5 degees with a -10 or -15 windchill factor and raining. Just tights,good jacket and good gloves and mask. It was happy days( I miss that a lot funny enough) then summer it was board shorts, gloves and t shirt(some days without)

But it's those people, after the accident, that get recruited as police officers and insurance reps.

I r offended by what u r sayings, us insurance okes are ectually quit clefer...

:P

Surely it's the same with seat belts. Back in the day they weren't fitted to cars - now they are, and to not wear one is just plain stupid... Helmets are available (and are relatively cheap when compared to the okes aboves bike), so wear one...

Slow, I'm concerned because if he has an accident it not only affects him but others. Imagine being the unlucky driver to hit him on his bike and he suffers from head trauma? What about his family and friends? The costs to us taxpayers when what could have been a minor bump now requires cops and ambulances to race to the scene!

That is why I've got a big problem.

Seriously dude, if you want to make a difference go stand in the line at your local McDonalds and stop all the fat bastards from shoving pure fat and sugar down their kids throats. That should be a crime.

Cyclists being killed every year with or without helmets is negligable compared to obesity related diseases.

Seriously dude, if you want to make a difference go stand in the line at your local McDonalds and stop all the fat bastards from shoving pure fat and sugar down their kids throats. That should be a crime.

Cyclists being killed every year with or without helmets is negligable compared to obesity related diseases.

Now thats the best point Ive heard all day - No wonder we are third fatest nation in the world :(

I asked already, dude. The answer, in all its mis-spelt glory, was:

"Africans...because of the higher temperatures over the years they have thicker sculls to protect the brain."

Got' it, bikemonster...

I really liked your attitude on this thread.

Let's be more positive about people in pictures who we do not even know. :huh:

The ones they wear are not booties! These which the guy is wearing in the picture are made of lycra, lycra is NOT waterproof! Therefore if you wear these while riding off-road through puddles your feet are going to get wet and not be able to dry :blink: