It might be raining in Cape town

Shebeen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you mate. A helmet may help a bit, but they're completely overrated. Gloves dilute the "feel" you get from the road.

I bet you guys drive lekker cars with airbags and ABS and all that crap these days aswell. Why bother, they did not have those in the 70's and 80's, why need it now?

I'm with you mate. A helmet may help a bit, but they're completely overrated. Gloves dilute the "feel" you get from the road.

I've often followed the great American freedom debate on riding with or without your helmet on your motorbike. Comes down to the death rate is still the same in States that enforce helmet laws vs States that do not have helmet laws.

The difference comes down to those that survive accidents: In the States that have helmet laws, head injuries are minimal, where those that have no helmet laws, the head injuries are severe & extremely high.

And not forgetting that severe head injuries are traumatic and permanent.

And not forgetting that severe head injuries are traumatic and permanent.

But it's those people, after the accident, that get recruited as police officers and insurance reps.

I bet you guys drive lekker cars with airbags and ABS and all that crap these days aswell. Why bother, they did not have those in the 70's and 80's, why need it now?

Well we don't have much choice nowadays do we when it comes to cars.

...Gloves dilute the "feel" you get from the road.

Yes. That's the whole idea behind gloves!

A helmet may help a bit? Define "a bit".

I'd rather have that "a bit" of help next time I fall. That said, I don't get too bothered about total strangers doing dumb stuff that won't ever impact on me.

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave!

I drive a 1988 Ford Laser and a 1964 Ford Anglia....so no airbags, aircon or powersteering, the powersteering is in my arms :P

I drive a 1988 Ford Laser and a 1964 Ford Anglia....so no airbags, aircon or powersteering, the powersteering is in my arms :P

Anglia! Cool car!Jealous!(I want a Morris Minor or 30's Ford Popular)

And which "they" would that be exactly?

Africans...because of the higher temperatures over the years they have thicker sculls to protect the brain.

Let alone the helmet and gloves...he clearly does not know 'GOLDEN ARROW' drivers. And just look how close is that Taxi behind the bus.

Yep and it looks like a Taxi next to the bus as well. Brave i say very brave. Let alone stupid to ride without a helmet :P

i dont get something ?

why are you guys worried about him ? Its his choice !!

You guys make sure you keep your own noses clean, then complain. Like I wear a seatbelt, if you dont, thats your problem, and dont complain when the cops pull you off.

Slow, I'm concerned because if he has an accident it not only affects him but others. Imagine being the unlucky driver to hit him on his bike and he suffers from head trauma? What about his family and friends? The costs to us taxpayers when what could have been a minor bump now requires cops and ambulances to race to the scene!

That is why I've got a big problem.

Africans...because of the higher temperatures over the years they have thicker sculls to protect the brain.

Poor spelling and casual racism in a single post.

What's not to like?

What's with the booties?

You think thats bad, you should see the clan that ride in Tokai with them on. Yes, thats right, they wear them while MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: