Your DH Machine

Mitch21

I was wondering if the Carbine wouldn't do the trick as well.

just a bit curious as to the steep headangle (68 - 67 degrees with 150mm to 160mm fork respectively) (could be fixed with Angleset i reckon), and the lack of ISCG tabs. that latter omission really had me scratching my head.

Otherwise the Tracer 2? Not as light as the Carbine though. I think there's about half a kilo difference in weight. But that shouldn't be an issue for a DH'r. ;)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

]after about 2 months without a DH machine (RIP Silver Izimu), and even after getting a shiney new 'Dale AM beast... I couldn't resist and had to get another DH rig...

so here it is

post-10758-0-78427200-1328600111.jpg

post-10758-0-70338300-1328600102.jpg

post-10758-0-09797700-1328600123.jpg

JP, my friend who owns Recycles, has just received his Carbine frame, so will let you know what he thinks of it as soon as it's built up. JP used to do DH racing as well, so he'll be able to give you an educated opinion.

that would be much appreciated Banna :thumbup:

with my AM sled, weight wont be that much of a concern, as most modern frames are within about 0.5kg of each other to begin with. If I go with the carbine, it's purely because I can :P but if it's too pricey, I'll definitely look at the Tracer 2, after all, that is just an alu carbine.. or is the carbine a carbon tracer. ;)

that would be much appreciated Banna :thumbup:

with my AM sled, weight wont be that much of a concern, as most modern frames are within about 0.5kg of each other to begin with. If I go with the carbine, it's purely because I can :P but if it's too pricey, I'll definitely look at the Tracer 2, after all, that is just an alu carbine.. or is the carbine a carbon tracer. ;)

Ha ha! I'm thinking the next plastic bike from Intense will probably be a carbon version of the Uzzi. That could be pretty interesting.

im actually wondering if they wont jump the queue and produce a carbon M9..Or at least one with a carbon front triangle. that would be pretty damned sweet.

forgot to mention my other soft spot when it comes to AM rigs: Spesh's SX. that thing is just so sweeeeeeeeeeeet.. :drool:

im actually wondering if they wont jump the queue and produce a carbon M9..Or at least one with a carbon front triangle. that would be pretty damned sweet.

forgot to mention my other soft spot when it comes to AM rigs: Spesh's SX. that thing is just so sweeeeeeeeeeeet.. :drool:

you missed a golden opportunity then...

Specialized SA was selling SX Trail frames for R7500 (usual price was R17 800). It was part of their Year-End-Sale. I was seriously tempted...

Ja they are nice.....but perhaps not...urm, Intense enough.... :D

Yup. If Santa Cruz can do it, then so can Intense I guess. These plastic bikes are nice, but I must say those perfectly welded alu frames are still just the best.

Yup. If Santa Cruz can do it, then so can Intense I guess. These plastic bikes are nice, but I must say those perfectly welded alu frames are still just the best.

I have to agree with that sentiment as well. If it aint broke, dont fix it. The alu version is perfect, Love the welding.

Lol @ cap! Sorry bro. Just gonna have to use Ur trance as the crossover beast for the moment!

I'd still like me that da bomb cherry bomb for my AM rig. Could easily move components from my existing.Xc bike and just need a new fork. That frame is.seriously sexy.

• 4 weeks later...

GT Fury AL 2.0

Rear Shock Fox Van RC (Still fiddling with Settings, Rebound - mid)

Fork RockShox Boxxer RC (Compression: 1 Click in, Rebound: 7 Clicks In)

Headset FSA Orbit

Handlebar Funn Full On (765mm)

Stem Funn RSX II

Grips ODI Ruffian

Brakes Avid Elixer 3

Shifters SRAM X5

Rear Derailleur SRAM X5

Chainguide E Thirteen LS1

Cranks FSA Gravity Moto X

Bottom Bracket FSA Mega Exo

Pedals Shimano DX clips

Rims All Terra (GT In-house)

Hubs All Terra

Spokes DT Swiss

Tires Maxxis Minion DH F 3C (F&B, Tubes)

Saddle SDG Formula FX i-Beam

Seatpost SDG i-Beam

NOTES:

Weight: 18.5kg's

Fox Van RC now replaces Roco R (In Pic).

Custom milled spacers (Between Stem and top crown) raise bars by 1cm (I am a tall bloke: 195cm)

gallery_16663_959_81218.jpg

Edited by Nikolais