Cyclist knocked down on Hendrik Potgieter

twotumble

On a sad note guys, this morning a cyclist was knocked down on Hendrik Potgieter in the dip near the Krugersdorp Highway, drove past at about 9am and it looked like he was killed by the taxi that hit him. I am filled with extreme sadness over this incident even though I did not know the person. My condolences to the family that is now without a loved one RIP fellow cyclist. And to the rest of us out there this weekend please be visible one incident is too much.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible to hear to have to read another story like this :angry: , condolenses to the family.

Its time to make a stand against the continual unnessesary deaths(can we all not get a massive ride on at the same time around the country as a stand of unity to bring more awareness to the situation :unsure: ), the taxi driver needs to have the book thrown at him repeatedly, and put in jail for a long long time.

what the heck is going on in SA, it seems every two weeks somebody is getting knocked down / killed, this is outrageous!

These kind of stories are really making me upset, a very clear message needs to be sent now! No ambiguity!!!!

Eish that is really sad. I was going to cycle this route this morning....

In which direction was he going? A lot of cars use the yellow lane in that dip Clear Water direction....

Quinton he was heading away from the highway towards Ruimsig, it looked like a group of cyclist as they were all stopped just past the dip. Details are sketchy as I was travelling in the car past the scene. Definately something needs to be done on the roads. Instead of JPMD targeting the soft targets they should just patrol that stretch of road for a couple of hours every Saturday and Sunday to prevent traffic from driving in the yellow lane.

I use this road to travel regularly and at least twice a week there is an incident on Hendrik Potgieter, my suggestion, stay aaway from this road, it hectic even as a motorist, so many accidents on this road......would the answer not be a cycle park for all types of riding?

I've been going to Suikerbosrand Nature reserve lately, its a bit out of the way, but at least I know i will be going home after the ride. Its much safer than were I live which is Weltevreden Park

On a sad note guys, this morning a cyclist was knocked down on Hendrik Potgieter in the dip near the Krugersdorp Highway, drove past at about 9am and it looked like he was killed by the taxi that hit him. I am filled with extreme sadness over this incident even though I did not know the person. My condolences to the family that is now without a loved one RIP fellow cyclist. And to the rest of us out there this weekend please be visible one incident is too much.

:angry: I drove back at about 10:30 and yes he has been killed, the cyclist was still lying next to the road covered by a space blanket and clipped into his bike, my condolences go out to his family and an appeal to the metro to treat this as a homicide as this was not an accident, this was reckless and an example needs to be made to safe guard the rights of cyclists and to create awareness, prosecute the driver to the n th degree and hopefully this will force other motorists to sit up and to take notice

:angry: I drove back at about 10:30 and yes he has been killed, the cyclist was still lying next to the road covered by a space blanket and clipped into his bike, my condolences go out to his family and an appeal to the metro to treat this as a homicide as this was not an accident, this was reckless and an example needs to be made to safe guard the rights of cyclists and to create awareness, prosecute the driver to the n th degree and hopefully this will force other motorists to sit up and to take notice

+1