Rider down

Gravity

Here is a fall in progress,

fortunately i just bounced over the edge of the trail and a bush caught me.

post-7265-0-99908500-1304514431.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awww grav: where's the money shot? :P

well done on walking away mostly unharmed! :clap: but err.. what happened??

Jarek - hope you fully recovered by now.

Pretty much all i can say is my saddle was too high and my skills too low.

Like i always say to the huys at the office - we all fall, even the pros. The worst part for me is not the scrapes and grazes but rather to get my head back in the game. Thats more dangerous for me as i'm too careful, and guess what, that makes me meet mother earth again <_<

Anyways bud, speedy recovery and best of luck.

hahah dont underrate yourself, I'm modifying this slightly, but in general, there are only two types of MTBers: those who have fallen, and those who are going to fall :thumbup:

I'm all healed up + a few scars. Thanks :)

We need the details of the second crash…

After "drunk with a torch in his mouth" for the first one, I'm afraid...

After "drunk with a torch in his mouth" for the first one, I'm afraid...

:lol:

I guess this is online rubber-necking…

hahahaha - the top pic was in about 1999 ... had a provincial race in Greytown ... raced the XC on the sat - then camped over for the DH on the sunday - drank a good couple of litres of voda and orange juice ... got pissed ... then at like 11pm one bird comes up with a brilliant idea .. "lets go practice the DH" ... so off we go after finding a torch and giving it to the fastest rider ... (oh and no helmets required as we were drunk and invincible) ... needless to say the fast guy with the torch pisses off down the track leaving us to fend for ourselves in the dark ... we get 3/4 of the way down the hill and i dont see a bank drop onto a dirt road crossing ... FACEPLANT ... we then hike back up the hill to the camp ... get in someones car ... break the lock off the campsite gate and rush to PMB to the medicross (Half an hour away) to get me stitched up ... tons of stitches later to sew my lip back together we go back to greytown only to discover we drove right past the greytown hospital enroute to PMB ... shows how well you think when you are drunk! hahahahahaha

hahahaha - the top pic was in about 1999 ... had a provincial race in Greytown ... raced the XC on the sat - then camped over for the DH on the sunday - drank a good couple of litres of voda and orange juice ... got pissed ... then at like 11pm one bird comes up with a brilliant idea .. "lets go practice the DH" ... so off we go after finding a torch and giving it to the fastest rider ... (oh and no helmets required as we were drunk and invincible) ... needless to say the fast guy with the torch pisses off down the track leaving us to fend for ourselves in the dark ... we get 3/4 of the way down the hill and i dont see a bank drop onto a dirt road crossing ... FACEPLANT ... we then hike back up the hill to the camp ... get in someones car ... break the lock off the campsite gate and rush to PMB to the medicross (Half an hour away) to get me stitched up ... tons of stitches later to sew my lip back together we go back to greytown only to discover we drove right past the greytown hospital enroute to PMB ... shows how well you think when you are drunk! hahahahahaha

:lol:

And the second incident…

and now the 2nd one .... this was in 2000 ... at a jump track called SWELLS in PMB ... arrived there with a lot of mates from durban for a good day of dirt jumping ... took my bike off the car (put my helmet on this time) and rolled down to hit the small warm up set ... hit the first fine ... just cased the 2nd slightly ... boosted the 3rd cus i had lost speed ... woke up in the car!

My mates didnt know where i went till one of the other guys hit the same straight i had hit and saw a "dead guy" lying in the track ... Had obviously cased the 3rd one hard and went over the bars onto my face and knocked myself out ... so i spent the rest of the day sitting in the car while my mates rode as they weren't keen to take me to hospital till they had got at least 2 hours of riding in ... what knobs ... hahahaha

so i spent the rest of the day sitting in the car while my mates rode as they weren't keen to take me to hospital till they had got at least 2 hours of riding in ... what knobs ... hahahaha

With friends like those, who needs enemies! :lol:

Thanks Nige, it is guys like you that keep Pinkbike and Youtube alive... Keep up the good work! :lol:

lol nige. that's a brilliant story! :D i luv your friends.. :thumbup:

Edited by Jarek Wysocki