NEW LICENSE RULES!

Quantum

NO!  The money paid to me will be paid to the IPUFCWFOTHWEP (International Popcorn Union for CYCLISTS Watching Fights on the Hub While Enjoying Popcorn)

You proberbly had to write a Sequal driven C++ .net aplication with trimmed variables to come up with that name.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, used Assembler reading from a PIC chip running on an old 386 motherboard using RS434 comms using pin 1-4 and pin 6&8.

I have said it before, but running (the popular choice) is a very poor example - running has been in severe decline for the last 10 years, in general most SA runners can ill afford a license fee, travel costs, entry fee etc to run a race, which if they get a prize, will feed their family for a month, if they dont get a prize, they CANT afford to run.

.............so lets look to another sport please, after 10 comrades, and 9 Two Oceans events, I have a small knowledge of the politics of the sport.  

.............so lets look to another sport please

Which sport do you want to look at ?     Every sport has the same structure and rules, tennis, hockey, rugby, cricket, swimming, Pigdeon racing, show jumping, Endurance horse riding, snooker, darts, Karate, wrestling and Boxing.  Why should cycling be a special case?

.............so lets look to another sport please

Which sport do you want to look at ?     Every sport has the same structure and rules' date=' tennis, hockey, rugby, cricket, swimming, Pigdeon racing, show jumping, Endurance horse riding, snooker, darts, Karate, wrestling and Boxing.  Why should cycling be a special case?
[/quote']

Can't agree more with the "Anti giving money away for nothing Clan". I partake and watch most of the sports mentioned but spend my money on beer while watching or after participating, specially the pigeon racing. Jeez, that's strenious!

Pink guy, I don't agree.  I personally feel that the CSA is "slukking" our money.  They (i.e. CSA) is doing didley squat for me or my cycling pals, except forcing us to pay a license fee and join a club (of which they probably get a cut as well).  What else do they do?  Let's have a look:

Development - very little

Racing and support for us "slower" okes (read EVERYONE that's not elite) - very little to nothing

SA team selections (elites) - mess it up big time

Vet salaries and the gravy train - OH YEAH BABY!!!

So why oh why should I and 10000 others like me pay them more money when I get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for it.  As ek geld in die water wil gooi, gaan suip ek eerder.  I will not give it to the CSA!

Pink guy' date=' I don't agree.  I personally feel that the CSA is "slukking" our money. 

[/quote']

jip they do...thats why our club sent a VIM(very intersting mail) to CGC with regards to licencing and and and, and then apparently they never received it... (Oh, it was hand deliverd as well)

the club pay a fee... you pay fees... and when a club host a race, the club must pay the officialsConfusedConfusedConfused

Ewep, 

Is is not a case of chicken and egg suitation?  Up to now CSA have not recieved any funding from the vast majority of cyclists, so yes they have not provided is services and support to cycling they could have. 20 000 cyclists have happily given the funding to the PPA , and they have been able to provide services to cyclists - in a restricted area.  Now we have a unified body national we need to fund and support it.   Then bitch and moan it they do not perform.

Pink guy, yes and no.  Yes, I agree on the fund them and let's see what happens, BUT.  The no, what happened to the lotto money?  The only place I've seen it work is at GNC track.  The rest, NADA.  And I blame the CSA for allowing this.  Why should I then give my hard earned money to them, just to have it spent on crap and I, as the person that pays, get NOTHING out of it.

Secondly, up until such time that vested interests are not sorted out the CSA will not be trusted.  A lot of guys have commercial interest and they sit on the board where they (indirectly or directly) force decisions through.

The way I feel currently is that the CSA should register as a charity.  Then get someone (read Cyclelab) to do the seeding of riders, etc.