Losing weight is unfair

I'm no doctor, but surely bouncing up and down weight is unhealthy. Especially if you are trying to loose 4kg in one week, and then follow that by carbo loading. Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me. Also loosing 4kg is 5 weeks still sounds like quite alot to me (when you only weigh 70kg).

You're right, it's not really healthy to bounce your weight like that, but I think this one time won't be too bad. Should be interesting to see what happens with this "recipe for distaster". It's a gamble.

My loosing 4kg in 5 weeks wasn't all that bad. It was right after 8 weeks of only hitting the gym due to injury, so some of it was muscle mass.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

January 1985 after klaaring out the mag I weighed 85 kg's (height = 1.86m), since then its been consistently below 80kg's

1989 started endurance sports (Iron man and road cycling) weight went down to 78 kg's.

2001/2 Mtb only, lowest weight = +/- 74 kg

2010 arm chair sports and current weight = 77 kg

LOL one day I'll write a book on how to eat chocolate (lots of it), watch more TV, drink in moderation and still maintain constant weight.

I now officially hate you ;) . I klaared out in 1990, also at 85kgs (I was a lean, mean, probably slightly underweight, machine). I increased to a point where I was a constant mid to high 90kilos. I've ballooned (mostly because of a sharp drop-off in activity) over the last four years to high 120's (128 has been my highest). My Problem is that I'm 1.92m, which means I can put on more weight than most, but it shows less, hence the alarm bells don't actually ring in a timeous fashion.

Lost 13kg's since last years DC ... feels great ... now stop crying and slow down on the parties if you want to loose that spare tubeless tyre around your waist wink.gif

A good guideline to follow is to not lose more that 1kg per week.

If you lose more than that it is usually water weight and you will gain that weight again.

I seem to hit a wall at 90. To lose more i have to eat like a rabbit and run or cycle like mad.

The only changes I see are increase in muscle mass and drop in fat. plus my belly has shrunk a lot. so i'm stoked...

iRob, are you joining us tonight at Killarney to assist with the "or cycle like mad"?

in the 5 months since I starting MTB'ing, I lost only 2kg's, and almost 2 dress sizes. Quite happy with that. have a 10 more to loose, but as long as I keep to my training schedule and dont eat too much crap, it will happen B)

I now officially hate you ;) . I klaared out in 1990, also at 85kgs (I was a lean, mean, probably slightly underweight, machine). I increased to a point where I was a constant mid to high 90kilos. I've ballooned (mostly because of a sharp drop-off in activity) over the last four years to high 120's (128 has been my highest). My Problem is that I'm 1.92m, which means I can put on more weight than most, but it shows less, hence the alarm bells don't actually ring in a timeous fashion.

Heh heh ja the booze was cheap in the army and lets just say I had plenty of time to indulge, so when I klaared out and started working in the real world I automaticaly drank a lot less. Alchol is a major killer in the weight loss game.

TBH I have always done some form of competitive sport since klaaring out and I guess the regime of trying to be competitive has entrenched a system that works for me. I dont consume only healthy fat free stuff (i.e. eat like a rabbit) but I do constantly monitor my weight and waste line and adjust my eating habits accordingly.

To think that Contador comes in at 64 and L A at 70 kgs...

Wonder what the Schleck brothers weigh?

I am at 73 after years of weighing 76 B.C.

Before Cycling, that is.

250g-400g a week weight loss was the guidline; I was given by my running medical friends almost 4 years ago. This way they said, it would limit the weight "bounching" effect that is common in most weight loss programmes. And weight was more likely to stay, off using this guideline.

I started at 109kg's and now weigh 78-80kg's, . Have had a couple of relapses's , typically around Christmas and New Year timeframes, but generally through increased exercise and eating smaller meals/snacks (Note: I didn't say healthier !) more often during the day...it seems to have worked. Alchohol, coke and coffee were decreased.

Good luck to all in their quest to fight the flab.