Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

lekker ryan...very happy with my emd...fun fun fun

Carbon fork on it's way... just need a set of wheels.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan ... you have way too many bikes so many nice bikes

Can never have way too many, so I'm glad you corrected that thumbup1.gif

Means I have to ride them all - keeps me fit clap.gif

Getting excited. Fork has been posted and i got the removeall today. Just need disk brakes then the building begins. This next one is going to be real pimp

Ok... So... I've been seriously intrigued with Eldron's 'How to Build a MonsterCross Bike 101' thread. With that in mind I've been thinking about a similar project for the Niner frame (only SS though)...

My beautiful two month old daughter decided to interrupt my sleep pattern this evening and having got her back to sleep, I now cannot sleep. Not the worst thing in the world though as I've ended up browsing through the above mentioned MonsterCross Bike thread and, surprise, there's a pic of a green Niner EMD with CX tyres & drop bars! It looks good... Great IMO.

With the massive quanitity of rain we've had in the last few months our trails are often a mess and it's better for both, bikes and trails, to stay off the beloved single track. So we end up on the road and have actually made up a rather fun & tough loop which we hammer away at on the Singlespeeds. Thing is the MTB tyres are going to get eaten alive on the tar, I don't really (read, really don't) want a road bike & and there is the possibility of a little dirt road riding on this particular loop. This has lead to the idea of running CX type tyres on an MTB & then further developed into building a CX/ MonsterCross machine.

So... Thoughts on doing a MonsterCross project on the Niner?... * Flame suit on *

Build starts in the next 2 weeks:

Ritchey P29er frame

Niner carbon fork

American classic rims with Hope hubs

Hope tech X2 brake set

Paul ss crank set

Ritchey super logic carbon flat 10d bar

Ritchey C260 stem

Fizik Gobi

Ok... So... I've been seriously intrigued with Eldron's 'How to Build a MonsterCross Bike 101' thread. With that in mind I've been thinking about a similar project for the Niner frame (only SS though)...

My beautiful two month old daughter decided to interrupt my sleep pattern this evening and having got her back to sleep, I now cannot sleep. Not the worst thing in the world though as I've ended up browsing through the above mentioned MonsterCross Bike thread and, surprise, there's a pic of a green Niner EMD with CX tyres & drop bars! It looks good... Great IMO.

With the massive quanitity of rain we've had in the last few months our trails are often a mess and it's better for both, bikes and trails, to stay off the beloved single track. So we end up on the road and have actually made up a rather fun & tough loop which we hammer away at on the Singlespeeds. Thing is the MTB tyres are going to get eaten alive on the tar, I don't really (read, really don't) want a road bike & and there is the possibility of a little dirt road riding on this particular loop. This has lead to the idea of running CX type tyres on an MTB & then further developed into building a CX/ MonsterCross machine.

So... Thoughts on doing a MonsterCross project on the Niner?... * Flame suit on *

Why not try it?

Surly make a number of "cross" type steel frames which are pretty successful.

Build starts in the next 2 weeks:

Ritchey P29er frame

Niner carbon fork

American classic rims with Hope hubs

Hope tech X2 brake set

Paul ss crank set

Ritchey super logic carbon flat 10d bar

Ritchey C260 stem

Fizik Gobi

Nice build!

Not mine, but whistling.gif

http://twentynineinches.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/bg1-500x366.jpg

http://twentynineinches.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2Soulscycles06-500x333.jpg

http://twentynineinches.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Dokument-2-Seite001-500x452.jpg

hi this is my first ss mtb and convert project.

wnat to upgread now as the ss has hit me hard.

post-11394-0-58156900-1354108400_thumb.jpg

Edited by peadar