Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

post-16280-0-81478100-1355076954_thumb.jpg

post-16280-0-75994200-1355077104_thumb.jpg

Finally finished bulding my single speed, it is my dream bike and I'm absoulutely loving it.

Final build:

Brakes: Hope Race X2

Wheels: Stan's Flow rims on Hope hubs (rear ss specific)

Fork: Niner carbon

Handle bar: Ritchey carbon

Stem and saddle post: Ritchey WCS

Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XC

Cranks: Currently a Fire Eye (on loan from Grant Usher while I wait for my set to come in from the States

Took the bike for its maiden voyage yesterday, rode from benoni to Suikerbos and did a lap, rode out from Benoni to Central Park track (red route) in modderfontein and back to Benoni.

The bike handles beautifully on the single track, it will take some getting used to the rigid fork, my previous old ss had a suspension fork.

Loving the bike

Edited by PYGA1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-16280-0-81478100-1355076954_thumb.jpg

post-16280-0-75994200-1355077104_thumb.jpg

Finally finished bulding my single speed, it is my dream bike and I'm absoulutely loving it.

Final build:

Brakes: Hope Race X2

Wheels: Stan's Flow rims on Hope hubs (rear ss specific)

Fork: Noner carbon

Handle bar: Ritchey carbon

Stem and saddle post: Ritchey WCS

Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XC

Cranks: Currently a Fire Eye (on loan from Grant Usher while I wait for my set to come in from the States

Took the bike for its maiden voyage yesterday, rode from benoni to Suikerbos and did a lap, rode out from Benoni to Central Park track (red route) in modderfontein and back to Benoni.

The bike handles beautifully on the single track, it will take some getting used to the rigid fork, my previous old ss had a suspension fork.

Loving the bike

Awesome!

Need a red fork, red steerer spacer kit and a blue seatpost... Not really possible I know but it would look cool.

Enjoy!

Awesome!

Need a red fork, red steerer spacer kit and a blue seatpost... Not really possible I know but it would look cool.

Enjoy!

Howsit Ryanpmb,

I might look at a blue seatpost, I've seen a wet blue post on the Ritchey website, will see if it's available locally otherwise I'll order off chain reaction. The space kit is red, its just a lot darker than the stem, would look coll if I could get a match. As far as the fork goes there is no chance of red happening there, I was just happy to get my hands on a Niner fork.

Really loving this bike

Howsit Ryanpmb,

I might look at a blue seatpost, I've seen a wet blue post on the Ritchey website, will see if it's available locally otherwise I'll order off chain reaction. The space kit is red, its just a lot darker than the stem, would look coll if I could get a match. As far as the fork goes there is no chance of red happening there, I was just happy to get my hands on a Niner fork.

Really loving this bike

Blue Ritchey post would finish it off. Don't get me wrong, it looks great as is. Was just throwing my opinion in there.

Yeah - you did well to get that fork.

Blue Ritchey post would finish it off. Don't get me wrong, it looks great as is. Was just throwing my opinion in there.

Yeah - you did well to get that fork.

I appreciate all opinions, no worries, there are 1 or 2 small things that I would change now that it's built.

Howsit Ryanpmb,

Really loving this bike

Get yourself a can of Red (or White) Plasti-dip from Builders. If it doesn't look good, you can just peal it off again.

You guys are really building awesome single speeds! Nice work!

My rebuild should be up in the next two weeks. Momsen STR29 Frame, Momsen Carbon Rigid Fork, XT Brakes, ZTR Arch rims with ZTR 3.30 Hubs as well as the rest of the bits and bobs. Will post pics as soon as it is done.

anybody got a rigid 29er fork with straight 1 1/8" steerer lying around? i would like to try it out for a few days to decide if rigid will work for me...

w00t.gif

Nice build PYGA ... .only problem with the SS bikes here is that one wants to rebuilt your own rig and / or pimp it up then also build up a friend or two for the single single speed in the garage.

Nice build PYGA ... .only problem with the SS bikes here is that one wants to rebuilt your own rig and / or pimp it up then also build up a friend or two for the single single speed in the garage.

True story...

Loving the bike

Awesome bike. Steel is the only way to go on SSers!

I saw you and your mate at SBR looking strong! I was in disguise on a road bike :-)

You guys are really building awesome single speeds! Nice work!

My rebuild should be up in the next two weeks. Momsen STR29 Frame, Momsen Carbon Rigid Fork, XT Brakes, ZTR Arch rims with ZTR 3.30 Hubs as well as the rest of the bits and bobs. Will post pics as soon as it is done.

The Momsen STR29 is it a new frame? From who did get the Momsen Rigid fork? Looking for the Momsen frame and was told maybe in Jan.