Nick Bester attacked and robbed

Sammajoor

Why such a sceptic that this is a big syndicate? :unsure: If they are watching the riders, and are leaving the bikes for someone to fetch, it can only be a syndicated theft/bike- jacking. A couple weeks ago some other guys were watched and then high jacked, they even knew who rode in their group. There is nothing opportunitstic at all about these crimes:angry: .

I just dont believe there is sufficient money in it to make it worth while for a major syndicate, I also dont believe they would use common thugs who may murder someone for the bike, murder and like brings unecessary interest on their business, they dont want that.

I am not saying its NOT happening, seems it is, but I still dont think its that widespread.

In the greater scheme of things only a few bikes are hi-jacked, no syndicate will make sufficient income from this small number, if bikes were targeted for theft from your home or office this would increase the numbers considerably, but again, who breaks in and just steals a bike, hardly anyone, they want your tv, cash, car even your pet poodle, and Thanks we will take the bike as well, Syndicates TARGET certain lines to the exclusion of everything else, they are very focussed, common criminals who steal bikes, watches, money and firearms are just opportunistic.

Yeah, its sad, cyclists are watched, but thats just good housekeeping on the criminals behalf, watching a cyclist to see where they ride, when they ride, if they do so alone etc makes sense to a criminal, they do it when they plan to rob your house, your business or even youself on the way to the grocery store, so I dont think thats an indication of a syndicate.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont believe there is sufficient money in it to make it worth while for a major syndicate, I also dont believe they would use common thugs who may murder someone for the bike, murder and like brings unecessary interest on their business, they dont want that.

I am not saying its NOT happening, seems it is, but I still dont think its that widespread.

In the greater scheme of things only a few bikes are hi-jacked, no syndicate will make sufficient income from this small number, if bikes were targeted for theft from your home or office this would increase the numbers considerably, but again, who breaks in and just steals a bike, hardly anyone, they want your tv, cash, car even your pet poodle, and Thanks we will take the bike as well, Syndicates TARGET certain lines to the exclusion of everything else, they are very focussed, common criminals who steal bikes, watches, money and firearms are just opportunistic.

Yeah, its sad, cyclists are watched, but thats just good housekeeping on the criminals behalf, watching a cyclist to see where they ride, when they ride, if they do so alone etc makes sense to a criminal, they do it when they plan to rob your house, your business or even youself on the way to the grocery store, so I dont think thats an indication of a syndicate.

This could be start of a syndicated operation, but again who knows. Just from the interview on telly, it does seem to bigger then we may think:unsure: We can only see what the future will bring :( It is all speculation at the moment

The best example of this has to be the Q, I am fortunate enough to have one :D

But let's not forget the Civilian, a heavy bugger at best.

Look at the benchmade, serious blades for seriuos business, strongest locks out there

Edited by nielvn

• 10 years later...

Nick Bester :

Great work by SA Police: Update on my and many other victums attempted murder case and 4 murders confirmed by gang of around 10 men: Suspects accused of allegedly ambushing motorists, and joggers and worshippers in Magaliesmountains assaulting and murdering some of them on the #R80 #MabopaneHighway, are all Shona speaking Zimbabwean nationals #sabcnews. We- myself and 11 other victums was called in to identify 5 of them last Saturday and off which 1 was a positive for my case. They appeared in coart on Monday and was charged with murder and attempted murder. Got a call from Police yesterday and they arrested another one and ask me to come and identify later next week. Got news today that a cleaning operation in Magalies mountains confirmed the arrest of another 4 and more breaking in tools and a firearm was found.

Edited by Pieter-za

Clad for Nick but having been there myself I know that the positive ID of a perp at the police is just a very small step.  It is still a very long way for it to go to court and then a guilty verdict and then a sentence.

Clad for Nick but having been there myself I know that the positive ID of a perp at the police is just a very small step.  It is still a very long way for it to go to court and then a guilty verdict and then a sentence.

True, but at least we got to the first step in this case.  There are so many other cases where absolutely no one is even arrested.

It is all for nothing if they are out on the street again in a few weeks time.  Lets hold thumbs justice is served, THIS TIME.