NCR: Bikers mowed down with ‘stolen’ Hummer

slowpoke

Not too long ago 17 and 18 year olds were sent off to the border ... and were ready to 'defend their country'. Sure, it wasn't ok then (to send kids to kill) but a generation later it puts things into perspective. 18 is old enough to make all sorts of life-decisions including how they plan to eventually earn a living, and to vote. Hope this 'kid' gets the book thrown at him. Frankly, given the spoilt nature of kids today (eish, I can't believe I'm saying that ;-) I don't hold out hope for any remorse whatsoever ... unless it's to alleviate the punishment. Well, would be nice to be surprised.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is EXACTLY what you get when corporal punishment was abolished!!

Brats that have absolutely no respect for anything!!

I say bring back the good old caning every now and again.

It used to teach youngsters to THINK before they do something...becasue there will be consequnces!! These days there are no consequences to think about anymore...therefore all these silly actions we see so many of...

There is of course a flip side....

I stole my mom's car on several occassions - on any of those occassions I could have made a *** split second decision during overtaking and killed someone. Thank god I didn't... The line between a naughty kid and a killer is quite a fine one!

It's easy to jump to the conclusion of "today's kids need to be beaten senseless" - it's a bit harder to be less judgemental...

It used to teach youngsters to THINK before they do something...becasue there will be consequnces!! These days there are no consequences to think about anymore...therefore all these silly actions we see so many of...

You can still excercise it in your house - I do

WAAAAAAY back when I was a kid we still had corporal punishment and it did NOT deter many of my friends to "borrow" their parents car and go to the beach/shops/girlfriends/parties. Even after a horrific Vissershok incident where lots of kids were involved it still kept on happening. The sad truth is that it ruins lives and no cheap justice will solve it. Better policing will help and general attitude towards the law and laws needs to improve.

Spare a thought for the families of the bikers and THEIR kids. They are the real victims here. Sad, sad day...

If he was such a big dog to steal his moms hummer you would think he would be man enough to stay at the scene...

The latest...turns out he's not a lightie...

Pretoria - Police on Monday afternoon were still searching for a man who allegedly killed two motorcyclists when he crashed into them while driving his mother's Hummer.

The 31-year-old man had not been seen since he fled the accident scene on Rachel de Beer Road in Pretoria North on Saturday morning.

Police spokesperson Warrant Officer Matthews Nkoadi denied previous reports that the driver of the Hummer was 18-years-old and had stolen the vehicle.

"He is a 31-year-old and the Hummer was his stepmother's. He had permission to drive the vehicle."

He said the man had not gone back to his stepmother's residence.

He said police did not know what had led to the accident.

Shortly after the crash, the two motorcycles and the Hummer caught fire.

The third biker was in a serious condition in hospital.

According to Beeld, the bikers belonged to the Christian Motorcyclists' Association and were on their way to a prayer service.

Seems the little runt has fled to Zim, now there is a new one...

Seun vlug glo Zim toe ná ma se kar 2 doodry

2010-10-18 22:15

Virginia Keppler

Die 18-jarige seun wat twee motorfietsryers in Pretoria-Noord met sy ma se Hummer doodgery en nog een ernstig beseer het, het glo in ’n SMS aan haar gesê hy het na Zimbabwe gevlug.

Hy wil glo huis toe kom, maar is te bang.

’n Betroubare bron het aan Beeld gesê die polisie het die ouers tot vandag kans gegee om hom te oorreed om hom oor te gee, anders sal hulle ’n lasbrief vir sy inhegtenisneming uitreik.

Mnre. Pieter Coetzee (60) en JP Kruger (32) is op slag dood toe hulle in Rachel de Beerstraat raak gery is.

Coetzee se seun, Pieter jr. (25), is in die Montana-hospitaal in Pretoria opgeneem.

Ao. Matthews Nkoadi, polisiewoordvoerder, het gesê die verdagte het van die toneel af gevlug toe die Hummer aan die brand geraak het.

Volgens die polisie beweer die ma nou sy het haar seun toestemming gegee om die motor te gebruik.

Sy het kort ná die voorval gesê haar seun het die motor gesteel.

“Die ma het later gesê sy weet nie watter een van haar twee seuns die motor gevat het nie.

“Vanoggend het sy aan die polisie in die Pretoria-Noord-polisiekantoor gesê dit was haar 31-jarige seun wat die voertuig met haar toestemming geneem het,” het Nkoadi gister gesê.

Mnr. Louis von Allermans, president van die Christian Motor-cyclists Association (CMA) se Hatfield-tak, wat Coetzee jr. gister saam met sy familie besoek het om hom van sy pa se dood te vertel, het gesê dit gaan goed met hom.

Sy toestand is as bestendig beskryf.

Before I get nailed for plagiarism, got this off the beeld website

Edited by Sammajoor

Mother sounds dodgy, did she or did she not give permission, if she did give her son permission and he did not have a drivers lic she is in deep trouble, both civil and criminal and no payout from insurance. If she did not give permission the insuarnce company will insist on criminal charges being laid for theft.

Edited by scotty

Its amazing how the story changes as the evidence unfolds and people start to protect their interests.

If I read it correctly the mother says she do'nt know which son took the Hummer,.......Hmmm, now that just smacks of a cover up, but if he was 31,......well, he should have known better.

Its amazing how the story changes as the evidence unfolds and people start to protect their interests.

If I read it correctly the mother says she do'nt know which son took the Hummer,.......Hmmm, now that just smacks of a cover up, but if he was 31,......well, he should have known better.

Maybe they should take away the mother license...

You can still excercise it in your house - I do

How often does your wife give you a hiding???????