Woolworths

scuzzy

I've been looking to buy the Bicycling magazine at various Woolworths shops over the lase few days but no luck at all. I see they do stock the Ride magazine though.

I think, as dedicated cyclists, we should all stand together and boycott Woolworths because they only sell 1 bicycle magazine, this is appalling from one of the leading South African chain stores.

Please join me

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're taking the p!ss right, because of that christian magazine thing. No real cyclist will go into a shop and actually buy a Buycycling magazine. You either get it for free or on your discovery membership.

Ag shame!

.., some director/manager at woolworths dont like Christians.

maybe he is brain ,, "trying to take over the world" (or pinky) :)

I'll join you. I'll buy their food but none of their crappy magazines (Bicycling mag is the pits anyway). That'll show them.

I was actually wondering... if they are removing religious themed books from their shelves... will they be removing religious themed food as well??? aka. halaal, kosher etc etc ;)

If you want magazines on faith, go to the specific shop, CUM in this case, if you want cycling magz, go to bike shop, or just go to shops that specializes in selling books and magazines. What Woolworths do is convenience of being able to be able to buy popular magazines with their grocery line, the people didn't buy the faith magz. Now that its being withdrawn they protest. A bit ridiculous.

You're taking the p!ss right, because of that christian magazine thing. ...........

This is no laughing matter, it's discrimination against minorities. Do you know how hard us satanists worked to get those mags removed?

The goats we sacrificed, the naked dancing round the fire in bloody July, chalk circles, candles - and someone has to clear all that stuff up and carpet cleaner isnt usually enough.

You think its easy being evil all the time, getting knocked back like this? Geez there's no sympathy for the devil, or his hordes.

But look we've got rights, 1st is going to be the boycott then its off to the constitutional court. We've got connections - Julius Malema is one of us; it's his carpentry skills that explains all the upside-down crosses.

So there.

You're taking the p!ss right, because of that christian magazine thing. No real cyclist will go into a shop and actually buy a Buycycling magazine. You either get it for free or on your discovery membership.

What are you talking about. Every issue is packed with valuable information on how to get a six pack in 6 days, gain more power with only 3 exercises, do the Argus with 2 weeks training!

And, they repeat some articles in case you missed it in a previous issue. Invaluable. I even cycle with my Mag in my back pocket!

Hey Mapara, jip, just messing around with the "craziness" about this issue. On that topic MariusL, does that then also mean no more easter eggs or christmas.

Hey Mapara, jip, just messing around with the "craziness" about this issue. On that topic MariusL, does that then also mean no more easter eggs or christmas.

Oi - funniest thing I say at Woolies when i worked there was - Halaal Easter egss :lol: So would they get to stay???

I am sorry that Christians are impacted/hurt in this situation.

The reason offered in the media is very unclear. :blush:

Edited by AirBender

This is no laughing matter, it's discrimination against minorities. Do you know how hard us satanists worked to get those mags removed?

...only now they're back!

Well, I guess that settles it.

She can't have been a virgin after all.

On that topic MariusL, does that then also mean no more easter eggs or christmas.

I hope so, because an old toppie with a beard delivering gifts and bunny eggs has got nothing to do with the birth and resurrection of our Saviour.

Ag, this is so petty. The mags didn't sell.

I'm pretty sure about 80% of people who are complaining never bought any of those mags.

I had a vending machine that sold snacks and cold drinks. I had those pink milkies and they didn't sell at all. So, after removing them people complained that there weren't any pink milkies anymore. So, I put them back in and guess what, they didn't sell.

Also, people kept harping on that I didn't stock any healthy food. So, I started stocking fruit juices and granola bars, dried fruit sticks etc. Well, guess what. They also didn't sell.

People just like complaining.