How many Hubbers actually buy from CRC.

Burts

Ok... So we all know about chainreactioncycles and I've read a lot of topics where hubbers suggest fellow hubbers to go to CRC and buy stuff there. But my question is?? How many hubbers actually buy from CRC? I am almost every day on their site. But to be honest... I'm too scared to order something from them. Might be the lack of knowledge regarding the import tax and the fact that I am far from a CBD.

Guys. Is the service really so good and how does the import tax work?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

enough to have received a 10% off frequent buyer voucher from them the last time i ordered. It expired 14 nov and i have everything i need (at the moment) so if you could use it, let me know - you gonna have to use my email address, though - or i could order it.

errm.. this thread is useless without a http://www.bodymind.co.za/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/adf07dbe5b2e844688862d1420b2f2cb.jpg

Ordered loads from them, buit I live in Holland, so it's pretty easy for me. No tax issues, free shipping mostly (or very cheap usually) and delivered within a couple of days. I do also buy from other German and Dutch webshops which are often much cheaper, especially the German ones!!!

7 orders this year and one on the way with the 10% discount.I was shocked because with my luck I would have got that email 10 minutes after placing my order.

I order often no problems

I dont order shoes or clothes so its very simple

Dont be scared of duties tax etc its quite simple if you are ordering parts

There is no duty

Set your settings to united kingdom and south african rands and english on their site

Then when you shop you see what you are going to end up paying give or take a tiny variance for exchange rate.

When you order you will get it tax free and when it arrives you pay the tax which cancels each other out plus maybe 20 bucks fee to the post office its really pretty simple

Plus if you can order over about 2700 rand at a time you get free postage as well I often get stuff for friends so we benefit from the free postage

Edited by crasher

I order often no problems

I dont order shoes or clothes so its very simple

Dont be scared of duties tax etc its quite simple if you are ordering parts

There is no duty

Set your settings to united kingdom and south african rands and english on their site

Then when you shop you see what you are going to end up paying give or take a tiny variance for exchange rate.

When you order you will get it tax free and when it arrives you pay the tax which cancels each other out plus maybe 20 bucks fee to the post office its really pretty simple

Plus if you can order over about 2700 rand at a time you get free postage as well I often get stuff for friends so we benefit from the free postage

Only R2700? Man, that's like only half a titanium brake disk! Easy...

3 orders in last year. Slowest one took 10 days, quickest one 5 days. Fetch from nearest post office. No hassles. Only pay 14% VAT on parts and sometimes they forget to charge you that. Pay about 40% duty + 14% VAT on clothes and shoes, make it expensive unless price is seriously discounted.

Plenty. Everything from small bits like brake pads and hoses in batches, to big stuff like suspension forks.

Always a pleasure to deal with them. and there's nothing lika a little gift waiting for you when you get home!e

Bit of a useless thread don't you think. If you've read lots of topics then surely you should know how import tax work. You should also know that lots of guys buy from crc if they mentioned it in other threads.

This is the age of internet buying dude.

61 orders over a number of years, 3 mishaps - 2 resolved excellently, and one quite badly. Acceptable record if you ask me.

Price, variety, convenience. Simple as that